X

72 mile ride to scrub in new rubber

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 mile ride to scrub in new rubber

When you get new tires you have to scrub them in right? Rolled 20k while on the ride so stopped for a milestone pic. It was chilly for this time of year so also had a chance to try out some new heated gloves.
    Pics are of Hwy 105 just south of Denver Colorado. Some farm country with rolling hills and a few turns. This is a winter staple road here because it gets a lot of sun and enough use that it is not too sandy.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
    When you get new tires you have to scrub them in right? Rolled 20k while on the ride so stopped for a milestone pic. It was chilly for this time of year so also had a chance to try out some new heated gloves.
    Pics are of Hwy 105 just south of Denver Colorado. Some farm country with rolling hills and a few turns. This is a winter staple road here because it gets a lot of sun and enough use that it is not too sandy.
    I just rodes some new tires in to what gloves did u get still 83 degrees here right now be cold in a month polly but it was 50 on saturday when I left bipolar weather in tx
    I just wanna ride my bike
    2001 katana 600

Comment

Got snowed on a couple Friday's ago in the morning and then mid upper 60's later. Then almost 90 degrees. Fall, what can you say.
      The gloves are the Gerbings Ultralight gloves. I don't like thick winter gloves and these are thinner, waterproof, windproof and heated. $120 but you also have to buy a controller. Another $100 for a dual controller.

Comment

Are they the wired ones u link to ur battery
        2001 katana 600

Comment

Some of the heated gloves I've seen don't really seem to offer much in the way of crash protection - how are these ones?

Also for Gerbing gear, you don't HAVE to spend $100 on a controller. You can spend about $15 for a simple on/off switch. Having said that, I'm damn glad I paid for the controller so I can adjust the temperature. Full on heat isn't always a good thing. I wouldn't get the switch for gloves. For a jacket liner maybe...

Btw, love seeing the almost weekly ride pics you post!
          Last edited by shpielers; 10-09-2014, 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

What is ur iphone displaying in big green numbers and damn I wish I could find some big straights with a view like that
            2001 katana 600

Comment

The gloves seem to have good palm protection. Not super great on the backs of the hands but probably fine for low speed offs. I am usually between 30 and 55 mph. The most probable off would be 35 or slower. With the cold comes wet, sand and leaves so if I have to wear the heated gloves I am usually riding slower than usual also. I have no concerns and hope I am never proven wrong about that.

Originally posted by Jar3d200 View Post
              What is ur iphone displaying in big green numbers and damn I wish I could find some big straights with a view like that
              I use an app just called speedometer. It also keeps a gps log of your trip and shows your max and avg speed, time of trip total and time moving, and max and min elevation. I also set a speed limit. As you get close to that speed the numbers turn yellow and then red if you reach it. It also has a clock which is nice since I don't have one on the bike. It also has a feature to play your music that you have on your phone and control it.
              Last edited by rschlegel; 10-11-2014, 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                The gloves seem to have good palm protection. Not super great on the backs of the hands but probably fine for low speed offs. I am usually between 30 and 55 mph. The most probable off would be 35 or slower. With the cold comes wet, sand and leaves so if I have to wear the heated gloves I am usually riding slower than usual also. I have no concerns and hope I am never proven wrong about that.

I use an app just called speedometer. It also keeps a gps log of your trip and shows your max and avg speed, time of trip total and time moving, and max and min elevation. I also set a speed limit. As you get close to that speed the numbers turn yellow and then red if you reach it. It also has a clock which is nice since I don't have one on the bike. It also has a feature to play your music that you have on your phone and control it.
                Oh ok im gonna look it up and damn my 01 has a clock
                2001 katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Jar3d200 View Post
                  Oh ok im gonna look it up and damn my 01 has a clock
                  Apparently the clock was an add on. Mine has a really nice Suzuki emblem under the clear plastic cover where the clock would go.LOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X