X

Katana lights. Opinions anyone??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana lights. Opinions anyone??

I got tired of seeing bike with lights on them at night. So I decided to add some to mine

red is cool as long as it can't be seen from the front. the men in blue will get you.lol

Comment

That sucks. I thought we bikers got to use whatever color we want lol. I've seen every color on a bike down where I live. Half the bikes here have lights on them.

Comment

They are two different colors...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Don't know about the law where you live, but here blue is preserved for police, fire departement and ambulances, with pretty high fines for those fitting said lights. They don't have to be lit or even work for that matter.
          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckinney View Post
            That sucks. I thought we bikers got to use whatever color we want lol. I've seen every color on a bike down where I live. Half the bikes here have lights on them.

If you are in GA... then...

Blue is illegal at all times, parked or not...

no matter the type of light or display (flashing, not flashing, so on.) The only exception you might be able to argue is if the blue light is part of the OEM installed headlight. Aftermarket generally is problematic unless it's DOT approved for that use.

Flashing Green is always illegal...

again, parked or not. Solid green light is not specified illegal, but... this is one that the officer can easily misunderstand. You might win the court case, but that won't stop the officer from pulling you over or writing you a ticket to deal with. You also risk the chance the judge will further mis-interpret the case (with out a good lawyer this happens) and well...

Red of any type or flashing/pulsating yellow requires permit to use.

Not out right illegal, but a permit for their use is required on a vehicle that is not part of the OEM installed vehicle lighting. That specifically relates to headlights, tail lights, turn signals. Their use is also permitted with out a permit if used on private property, or in speed zones under 25mph.

FYI... the laws for your state are available online and easy to obtain.

Ignorance of them has never been an excuse that will get you out of trouble when violating them.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Down here in florida red or blue is illegal and definitely if facing forward. I have blue and I see plenty of bikes with them. The only people that don't get in trouble for them are the cruisers. Usually the cop will ask them to just turn them off but anything even resembling a sport bike will get you pulled over and ticketed.

Comment

I got blue all under mine and yellow/amber in the middle area and under the headers. I dont ride with them on all that much as the cops can get you here too. Blue is illegal and reserved for emergency vehicles and I have been pulled over for that on my old firebird when neons were cool back in my High school days.
                1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

I ended up returning my blue LEDs after researching Ga laws. Check out OCGA 40-8-90 for the restriction of blue lights to police only. I could not find any other restrictions as far as color was concerned.
                  Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the law in Ohio is fine for red or blue, just no flashing.

Comment

I have heard the same here in FL, red and blue are reserved for emergency vehicles only. Like the look though!

Comment

I'm not a fan of them, plus they're guaranteed to get you a pull (where I live anyway).

The bike looks great though!
                        Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Working...
                        X