• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new look

Did some work on my katana

Before

After

Painted the tank black, put a set of fat bars on, SS brake lines and the $1 spring mod. The bike feels like a whole new animal! Only bad part was I had to get rid of my hand guards they hit the wind screen with the new bars, Got to keep the heaters tho
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Looks excellent. I like the contrast.

Comment

Put some red and blue lights on it and haul ass.....LOL
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I like it! How much more "upright" is your riding position with those bars?
        www.80gritproductions.com

Comment

Originally posted by 80grit View Post
          I like it! How much more "upright" is your riding position with those bars?
          I'm 6'5 and siting almost all the way up right. Feels AMAZING for me. The only riding if done is just quick zips around the block. Don't have my front brake line yet. When I get it in and on the bike Ill let you know.
          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

What's the $1 spring mod? I've searched but the search parameters "spring mod" are too short so it just pulls up every post ever made with spring in it.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderfoot1978 View Post
              What's the $1 spring mod? I've searched but the search parameters "spring mod" are too short so it just pulls up every post ever made with spring in it.
              +1

Comment

Make a spacer and you put it in the fork tubes, It adjust the pre load.

Heres a thread about it
                Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
                Last edited by hinow41; 04-24-2013, 02:12 AM.
                2005 Gsx600f- My baby

Comment

Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
                  Make a spacer and you put it in the fork tubes, It adjust the pre load.

Heres a thread about it
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54467
                  Just noticed at the top of the article you linked, that's for a pre 98. I'm assuming that it worked as well for the post 98 models?

Comment

Looks good.
                    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                    sigpic

Comment

What handle bar kit is that? Or did you just drill the triple? Can you put up some more pictures of the handle bar set up and how you did it?
                      previous rides
                      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                      next ride - another kat

Comment

Originally posted by thunderfoot1978 View Post
                        Just noticed at the top of the article you linked, that's for a pre 98. I'm assuming that it worked as well for the post 98 models?
                        Yup works for just about any bike. My buddy did it to his ninja 650 a year or so ago before he upgraded his forks.

Originally posted by edromero View Post
                        What handle bar kit is that? Or did you just drill the triple? Can you put up some more pictures of the handle bar set up and how you did it?
                        Bars are protaper 1 1/8 bars with protaper mounts. I have rubber spacers between the mounts and upper trip. To attach the mounts I drilled out the oem bar mounts to 1/2" for the bar mounts. Really easy to do, Theres a write up here on it
                        Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                        From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                        this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Got my SS lines in today from G&J great guys would recommend them to anyone looking for lines. Also got a short ride in love it so much more. Feels amazing.
                        Last edited by hinow41; 04-25-2013, 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        2005 Gsx600f- My baby

Comment

Last edited by edromero; 04-25-2013, 11:00 AM.
                          previous rides
                          06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                          next ride - another kat

Comment

Working...
                          X