X

My journey with my Bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My journey with my Bike

Hey guys just thought I would share my journey with my bike as I just got done repainting, and having the wheels powdercoated after what has been a long year, you might remember my thread about running over a shock rod that had been sheered off rom a car on the high way at 70mph with a lady friend on the back of the bike, blew a two inch hole through the front wheel smashed two headers an oil line and destroyed the belly pan.. anyways on to the pics, this is what it looked like when i got it, completely stock, excuse the squidliness....

Then i hit the rod and this is what happened..

Started by purchasing a belly pan piece from someone on here,, it was a little rough but i was ready to try my hand at some plastic work..

I rode the bike around like this for quite some time, naked!

Then after purchasing paint started shooting! with my dads steady hand lol

while waiting for these to get done it sat or hung in my moms garage for almost two weeks!

Picking up the plastics from the shop the day after shooting them!

During those two weeks I got the plastics put on!

With all the plastics on and the freshly powder coated wheels done finally it was time to roll her out into the open air again!

Im hoping to either snag my sisters camera to get some good pics of it or having her come out and help me take some pics here in the coming weeks.. anyways hope you all enjoyed!

Wow. Glad you're okay, and the bike looks great! Good job on the paint.

Comment

I enjoyed lots thanks great work on the repair and Hope you and your lady friend are both ok and over the accident. I look forward to some more pics

Engelskmannen.
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Thanks guys! I talked to my sister today im going going to borrow her camera tomorrow and get some better, non cell phone pics! Ill post them up tomorrow!

Comment

Bring on the pics & you did a good job there! Glad you & the miss's are ok
          not much you can do when someone drops off something like an exhaust,
          matress..ect in front of you except hang on. glad your ok/

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
            Bring on the pics & you did a good job there! Glad you & the miss's are ok
            not much you can do when someone drops off something like an exhaust,
            matress..ect in front of you except hang on. glad your ok/
            Ha yeah I hung on alright, didnt let her go down.. but it was just about all I could handle trying to keep the bars straight, felt like I ran smack into a curb at 70.. couldnt believe I didnt lay it down considering I had only been riding about 6-7 months!

Comment

Working...
            X