A Little Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Update

[ATTACH]25265[/ATTACH]

Just an update. It's not pretty, kind of rough really, but I'm working with what I've got haha. After taking off the body panels, I discovered what I assumed was wrong with them, it must've been laid down at some point and the body panels were damaged pretty good. Then they tried to repair it with I don't even know what, and then covered it in fake carbon fiber vinyl wrap. The wrap itself didn't look bad but the manner in which is applied was terrible.

So because I believe the vinyl wrap is what's holding parts of the panels together, I went a different direction and painted over it with truck bed liner, suggested by my father in law. It came out better then I expected. Since I eventually want to buy new body panels to clean it up, I left the tank gloss black since the bed liner spray would be awful to sand down.

After that I painted the previously green frame flat black, replaced all of the turn signals, replaced the fuel cock. They must've lost all of the fairing bolts because they're were all regular hardware store bolts with most missing so I replaced all of those, also bought a ton of other bolts that were just missing. To improve visibility for people behind me, I installed 2 red LED strips along the rear frame.

Next is to replace the front tire which is slowly leaking, and recover the seat with black to completely get rid of the green that was on this bike. This was a long explanation, thanks to whomever reads this far but every time I go to work on this bike I ask the question, "What the hell did the last owner do to this thing?" So I feel like I have to vent, haha.

[ATTACH]25266[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]25267[/ATTACH]

Comment

image.jpg

Last pic, I'm probably doing it wrong, but the only thing I figure is the image file is to big so it won't let me post more than one image per post. I'm on my iPad and to lazy to go get my laptop so deal with it.

Comment

PO smoked a LOT of crack!
          That windshield looks pretty messed up, too. I like the LED strips, though.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ya that seat is hideous. Good work though. Getting it together good.

Comment

You're not the only one to paint a bike with truckbed liner. I like the idea...

Comment

Thanks guys, ya the windshield looks like it was just cut out of plexi-glass and poorly installed. I tried to paint it to match but that was a bust, best I've got for now.

Comment

Working...
                X