X

few more 180 rear tire pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few more 180 rear tire pics

just felt like posting a few more pics to show progress. had driven it about 200 mmiles and had to replace the tire thats in the picture today. lots more to do but im getting closer.
    Attached Files
    92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Cool, is that a busa fairing?
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Nice car and truck in the background
      Ride like it's your last ride
      sigpic

Comment

tail and front end look good. Side pic not so much. Please say you are creating your own fairings to close those gaps as it looks like all sorts of fail otherwise from the side.
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
          Cool, is that a busa fairing?
          thanks, its gsxr1000 front and rear fairings.

Originally posted by DarkFury View Post
          Nice car and truck in the background
          haha yeah thats a couple more of my toys......partly why i am so behind on this katana build

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
          tail and front end look good. Side pic not so much. Please say you are creating your own fairings to close those gaps as it looks like all sorts of fail otherwise from the side.
          i am hoping that i wont have to fab anything up too serious, i am gonna try out a katana tank because it sits down on the engine alot more(or atleast it looks like it does to me) and if that doesnt work good enough we are plan to modify it and extend it down to cover up that huge gap. i am using the bandit 1200 tank because my old 600 tank had holes all in it i have alot left to do tho , this is just how it now because i wanted to ride it some to make sure all the work i did converting it to a 180 rear tire is safe. i still want to modify the rear section of the bike to hide that rats nest in the battery area.
          Last edited by B12BAMADUDE; 03-11-2013, 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Comment

A larger tank will help some but you will still have the gaps around the battery box

Comment

A larger tank will help some but you will still have the gaps around the battery box
              yeah thats the area that i am gonna have to figure out. i dont think it will be too terribly difficult.

Comment

That is why a lot of people lookint to make this conversion use Busa plastics. They have enough fairing and the bulges to hide the katana parts.

Right now you have basically put a mini skirt on a whale and she is bulging out on you. lol

Comment

That is why a lot of people lookint to make this conversion use Busa plastics. They have enough fairing and the bulges to hide the katana parts.

Right now you have basically put a mini skirt on a whale and she is bulging out on you. lol
                  well it sounds like its time for gastric bypass surgery on the kat then....

Comment

heres a few more pics of my bike with its new tire and from our ride yesterday. nothing fancy just a pretty day out with the new camera,lol. now its raining for the nest couple of days so i guess im gonna get to work on the modified brake arm and maybe the clutch replacement.
                    Attached Files

Comment

gsxr1000 rear fairing makes me feel like your bike got swing arm extensions . lol
                      wait, is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by drvk View Post
                        gsxr1000 rear fairing makes me feel like your bike got swing arm extensions . lol
                        wait, is it ?
                        took 2 swingarms and made one....i didnt, but someone did. i think its 10 inches longer than stock

Comment

Originally posted by B12BAMADUDE View Post
                          took 2 swingarms and made one....i didnt, but someone did. i think its 10 inches longer than stock

Comment

hey, I found that you got ignition switch relocated. Can you talk more about that ? and some pictures ?
                            I want to relocate mine because I need space for my new gauge

Comment

Originally posted by drvk View Post
                              hey, I found that you got ignition switch relocated. Can you talk more about that ? and some pictures ?
                              I want to relocate mine because I need space for my new gauge
                              that part was pretty simple, although im still not finished or satisfied with its current placement. i just simply unbolted it, unclip the harness, then relocate to wherever you want it. im considering moving it under the seat , not sure yet tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X