X

wire mesh turn signal mod...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire mesh turn signal mod...

I am going to include my turn signals (well, attempt to, lol) in my wire mesh mod on my fairings. Personally I do not like the lines of the 06 cat turn signals. I think they are too "bulbous" and bulky. Anyway, while installing the center stand today and changing the oil, I decided to "attack" my turn signals. I had to attack them because a previous owner glued them to the housing. Thank God for hammers.

I cut some aquarium siphon plastic to serve as an inner wind and rain shield over the bulb. Could have figured out a way to make it cleaner, but it will be obscured by the screen covering and I am limited on time, patience, and resources. I am going to play around with different meshes and screens to see which one will be best to shape (mold) it to cover the opening.

I will post pics when I do the mod after my fairings are painted.

I had to ride the bike up onto a large garden paver (brick) in order to get the front end high enough to enable me to engage the center stand. Take a look at the pics of how low this bike is. I measured the distance from the dust boots to the tree and it was only 2.25"

Look at the picture of the fender showing the damage from where it was making contact. This bike was spilled and I am wondering if it was after this lowering occurred. My stock tree/bar riser is on its way so hopefully I will get her back to stock height soon.

I bought a valve stem tool to see if I could tighten up the insert to stop the leak (if it is even leaking from this place). If it does not work, I will be removing my rim on Thursday and taking it to my buddy's garage to find out where I'm losing air from (25 psi over night).
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    www.80gritproductions.com

I'm curious to see how this turns out.
    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
      I'm curious to see how this turns out.
      I think I'll be using the traditional Home depot gutter mesh. Seems pliable enough. If not, I may use screen and pour a two part (self leveling) epoxy resin over the final shape to solidify it. Not sure yet.

Raphael, I love your photography. I enjoyed looking through your eyes, especially the snowscapes and B&W. Check out my art on my website if you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by 80grit View Post
        I think I'll be using the traditional Home depot gutter mesh. Seems pliable enough. If not, I may use screen and pour a two part (self leveling) epoxy resin over the final shape to solidify it. Not sure yet.

Raphael, I love your photography. I enjoyed looking through your eyes, especially the snowscapes and B&W. Check out my art on my website if you get a chance.
        Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I have lost some inspiration the last years and haven't shot much lately but it'll be back soon.
        I had a quick look at your artwork this morning and I think it looks good. I'll have a better look tonight when I'm back from work and have more time, but I like your style.
        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Yes, inspiration is cyclical like all of nature. That is the beauty of it. Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

Kep the pics coming, I am interested to how this will turn out

Comment

Working...
            X