X

New to site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site

Hello fellow Kat owners. I just joined the site and I am looking forward to being part of it.

My ride is a 1997 Katana 600, purchased winter of 04 with 11,000
    miles on it. As soon as I got it home I started tearing it apart. Stripped it down to the black plastic and painted it orange and white, new avon tires,
    chain, K&N, plugs, etc.....

I rode it 8,500 miles this summer, 2 rear tires, and now it is completly tore apart again. This time, new paint, everything black. Black frame, engine, body, winshield, everything! The swing arms will be #" longer and hopefully polished with the wheels. I am in the process of finding a low miles Hayabusa engine if anyone can help me out.

I will post pics of the process as it happens.

welcome to the site. good luck on the mods. I don't think a busa engine will fit. at least not without MAJOR modifications. there are several engines that will swap fairly easily. the bandit 1200cc engine, old oil cooled gixxer engines are some. I think theres a sticky in the mechanics thread about wich ones will swap.

Comment

Someone informed me in the introduction forum about that. They also said I could swap for a gsxr1100, does that sound right? I would like to stay away from the fuel injection so I will have to stay with a 97 or so or older engine. I am on Ebay right now trying to find one.

Comment

The link to the sticky in the mechanic's forum someone posted in your intro thread syas it all . I want one someday myself .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X