No announcement yet.
X

new to KR, 97 kat harley orange

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also i have a guy local to me with a 97 600 parts bike (he only wants $300 for the whole bike) if anyone needs parts he is willing to ship and i can get them next to nothing so hit me up and ill get you set up with him

Comment

Looking foward to seeing progress pics

Comment

I got around to doing the shovel chop yesterday. I was trying to figure out a way to make a bracket to mount my tag and rear signals and i ended upmaking a custom rear fender.I took the metal bracket that is used to bolt the tail light on and cut it off with my shovel chop. After the plastic and metal bracket was cut to where i wanted it i then took the leftover piece of bracket and welded it back on to where i cut it off. I then cut the bracket down to the size i wanted and started boxing in the rest as a small metal fender/plate bracket/turn signal bracket.
        Attached Files

Comment

do you ride it at all?....

Well not to be a dick or anything but for the love of god get a new TIRE!!
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Lol yes I ride it but not recently. I just ordered a new set of tires yesterday. I have been busy with other projects so the bike has been neglected but I'm getting around to it now

Just to be clear and so I dont get a bunch of crap, I havent rode the bike with the tire like that. I knew I needed tires on my last ride so I had a little fun and did a couple burnouts
            Last edited by bspit24; 04-03-2013, 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

that makes sense, I just figured you rode like a noob or all straight roads

Comment

no i dont ride like a noob lol ,i love to hit the twisties but unfortunately where i live there are very few of them and if you do get lucky enough to find some then the road is beat to shit (south carolina's roadways are the worst i have ever seen) ..i usually go down to the blue ridge mountains about twice a year and that is where i get to enjoy the twisties

Comment

yea I hear ya bud, PA's roads are crap as well

Comment

its a shame to have a motorcycle but cant use it properly because of lack of maintenance by the state.

By the way i like what you have done with your bike.im really digging that blue mesh mod and the paint scheme. i had planned on doing a black/metallic blue paint scheme on mine and with the gunmetal gray rims i think it will look very nice

Comment

thanks! I planned on a gun metal or graphite color for the rims too! lol. I think im gonna spice it up though an add more blue. I've gotta address a few dings an chips in the tank so I think im gonna do the same color as I did my bar ends. Silver under transparent blue, gives it a nice candy look then do the seats AGAIN lol but in blue vinyl instead an maybe some custom stitching by my father in law who does upholstery. The result will be blue across the top an very bottom an black as the most body. It should look sexy

Comment

I got lucky and my rims were already a gunmetal color and i also have a small ding in my gas tank that needs fixed from dropping it in the shed lmao and im trying to find a set of left fairings to cut up and plastic weld to mine ( i have a couple tabs broken off)

Comment

I got around to sanding and painting the swingarm I picked up and took the old nasty one off. While I have it all torn apart I'm going to put the 98+model oil pan and exhaust and the new bottom end gasket set ..couple more days the new tires will be here and I'm back on the road

Comment

[ATTACH]25472[/ATTACH]
                            Couple pics of the painted swingarm and the old one . Th second pic is the new fender we built for the tag and signals , pic three is the stockpile of goodies ive been waiting to put on and a pic of it as it sits on the homemade stand lol
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by bspit24; 04-08-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Another pic of the rear on the homemade stand , I'm suprised of how sturdy it is ..the wheel chock in front holds it really well and the bar through the frame keeps it balanced enough to wrench on and real safe
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X