X

Got saddlebags for a trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got saddlebags for a trip

So I pick up the Paul Jr saddlebags you get from walmart(since some guys here said they were pretty good). Needless to say Im excited because tomorrow is going to be my 1st long distance ride....well for me. I'm going from Boca Raton to Orlando with my wife and my Kat for the weekend. What could be better? I doulbe checked everything right now and I am ready to ride tomorrow morning.

The saddlebags seem woth the price ($45), but I would love it if I had the money for a Givi set. All in all, they do fit what we need for a weekend. That..and the backpack to fit my wife's shoes and makeup.....I don't think the word "minimalist" means much to her.

Well I hope the pic posts well..... I'll follow up when I'm back in town.
    Attached Files

Sweet saddle bags. I got some from walmart too. I couldnt pass up a clearance price of $26

I hope people dont look on me funny for having saddle bags on a gixxer. lol.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Road trips are always interesting.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

If you have not left yet, place a towel between the tail section and bags... they have a tendency to scratch the paint.

When I had soft bags, I used to place a small towel across the tail section, then palced the bags, then put the seat back on.

Just make sure the towel is not so big that it could get caught on the chain or wheel in any way....

Have fun on the trip...
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

well I got back safe and sound. weather was awesome. Wife love the ride accept for the numb butt she got...lol.

Nut-nut, I didn't think about the towel thing before. That's a cool tip but I'm not worried about scratching it because the previous owner dropped it on its side. You cant tell from the pics because I always take the them from the right side he dropped it on the left. The Katana sticker is completely gone on that side. I was able to talk the guy way low because of it. couple of dings dont bug me.

BTW professorman....you had to get me jealous didn't you??? LOL. That's awesome I'm happy for you.... I wish I was that lucky.

Comment

Working...
          X