X

Amazing skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing skill

I wish I had this skill and confidence, although it's probably easier to do on a cbr than a kat as far as weight and suspension is concerned. Is it just me, or does that rear sprocket look pretty big?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9L5XkPr0A&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9L5XkPr0A&feature=related[/ame]
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Wow. I wish I could do that. I know when you put a knee down, it's to be used as a feeler gauge to know how much further you can lean the bike. It looked like he was doing that with his toes.

Comment

That's pure skill and it's got nothing to with whether it's on a Kat or CBR. Some of the Japanese police competitions are incredible......... and yes, I've dragged a toe on a Kat and will confess the first time it happened it was a WTF moment..... and I got used to riding on the balls of my feet since then.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Wow, and I thought dragging a floorboard on my cruiser was bad a.s.s.!!

PS, I can't believe we can't type a s s

Comment

That's some legit skill. And to answer your question, yes I believe that the rear sprocket on that CBR is larger than stock for sure.
          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Notice he also has dirt bars for better leverage.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Wonder how many bikes he's trashed from practicing?
              2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
              - Aaron

Comment

Screw skill, the dudes just REALLY drunk, and REALLY lucky

Comment

Originally posted by katgolddigger View Post
                  Screw skill, the dudes just REALLY drunk, and REALLY lucky
                  Lmao.

Comment

I think he practiced a little. okay. maybe a lot.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

practice , practice , practice. there are some scratched up bikes in his past im sure of it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like rider training in Japan.

*EDIT* Upon futher googling...
                        This is not the Japanese Police motorcycle test; but rather one leg of Japan's motogymkhana competition... The rider is Shiga-san, the best in his class - he uses a CBR600RR with custom handlebars and sliders (much similar to what the Japanese motorcycle police actually use)...
                        Considering the narrow roads in Japan, etc. - motogymkhana is popular sport among motorcycle riders, and the Japanese Police are considered the best.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymkhana_(motorcycle)

Seems they generally run in 1st and 2nd gear, so perhaps the large rear sprocket is for gearing.

Here are some in Japan on Police bikes
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ-pTyQZJng"]Japanese Police Motorcycle Riding Competition - YouTube[/ame]
                        Last edited by steves; 06-23-2012, 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Wow!
                          2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Some people have too much time on their hands haha
                            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                            - Aaron

Comment

I respect the motorcycle police anywhere in the world. Its their job to be skilled. I attend courses that the norway motorcycle police arrange every year. I learn something new every time. I know people that are motorcycle license teachers, they too attend these courses EVERY YEAR...it says something. Nomatter how many miles, years, trackdays etc you got on the saddle you can always get much much better. even when you think the good old katana is limiting you, think of this... : how well would Rossi ride your kat on a track, and do you think you could keep up with him if you could choose any bike ?
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X