X

Mesh mod, chrome grips, clean bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh mod, chrome grips, clean bike

Hello KR Battousai's update--->mesh mod completed on the bike but i was wondering has anyone tried using a glue gun...i was thinking that was a bad idea cause the bike gets so hot won't it heat the glue back up and the mesh is going to come off... someone let me know whats the deal and i wrong or right...i just installed some chrome grips on the bike i like but don't know how they will fell while i am riding.....upcoming mods integreted tail lights, clear turns an 1" lift to the rear hope everything works out good....oh anyone know if the dogbone nuts<---- do they have a torque spec on them

Mesh Mod Picture 1

Mesh Mod Picture 2

Chrome grips Picture 1

Casualty Of War
    "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

YOUR GRIPS LOOK HOT! PM ME AND LET ME KNOW HOW THEY FEEL AND WHERE YOU GOT THEM..
    << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
    KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Neat job w/ the glue, but definately dont wanna use a basic glue gun w/ basic glue or its liable to melt right off. JB weld is probably the best and more popular method.

Mesh looks good but depending on how much it bothers you the holes or mesh itself are going in opposite directions if u look closely. To some people it doesnt matter though so if u like it its all good

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
        Neat job w/ the glue, but definately dont wanna use a basic glue gun w/ basic glue or its liable to melt right off. JB weld is probably the best and more popular method.

Mesh looks good but depending on how much it bothers you the holes or mesh itself are going in opposite directions if u look closely. To some people it doesnt matter though so if u like it its all good
        Freaking good catch dude..umm..yeah i meant to do that good thing i didn't put the final adhesive on it yeah i used basic glue gun with basic glue but i put two coats of the basic stuff but after that i was going to put a epoxy compond that holds up to 400 degrees over all depending on what i got from the post...but thanks again on the catch.
        "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Don't use epoxy if you EVER plan on removing the mod, or having any hope of making repairs to it. I used epoxy on mine, and spent an entire afternoon with a die grinder trying to get that crap off my plastics. Not the greatest choice, in my opinion.

Of course, I layed epoxy all the way around, as you've done in the pictures.
          FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

As for your new links, be sure to grease the 2 bolts and use some medium-strength LockTite on the nuts. Here are the torque specs for 98-02 (not sure if it's the same for an 05):

Kat 600: 78 Nm (57 ft-lbs)
            Kat 750: 100 Nm (73 ft-lbs)
            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Oh thanks for the specs Teh-k and thanks for the advice DooD i am planning to repaint the bike some time in the near future maybe about two month or so so i guess the epoxy would be a bad idea then well i will keep the glue on an see how it holds up if it doesn't well i'll deal with that when it hapens....

Comment

The chrome grips look bad@#$*, don't they slip when wearing gloves?
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

i had chrome grips on my old yamaha, they were thicker than the standard grips which made them comfortable to me, never had an issue w/ my hands sliding off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito750
                    The chrome grips look bad@#$*, don't they slip when wearing gloves?
                    well i haven't used them yet my arm is still broken an in a cast...but they have rubber on then to aid with grip...i don't think it will be a problem an if on does arise i'll just get some rubber palmed gloves problem solved...

Comment

You're absoluteley right.
                      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Working...
                      X