X

My 89 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 89 Kat 600

Just recently picked up this litt jem from a local guy. Its a 89 Katana 600. The guy says the color combo is rare for this year but ill let you guys be the judge. Has new tires, new battery, Vance and Hins Stainless Steel Exhaust, stage 3 jet kit, and Dyna coils. Atleast thats what he told me... While rippin it apart to change the plugs and wires i happend to look under the rear seat and found a Dyna 2000 haha Score! Gave him a grand for it. Guy had the bike sitting since 05 so first thing i did was take it to a friend who took the carbs apart and cleaned them and got the old gas out.
    Heres some pics of her:

how she sits right now till i get the plugs done

Future plans are:
    R1 LED tailight and intergrated signals
    LED front signals
    HID headlight
    Some mesh

Haha looks great! Sounds like an awesome steal too I just bought myself a 94 600 with only 18k miles but it needs a little work. (Leaks oil from the head return tubes ) Sounds like some awesome ideas for future too! I'm gonna look at mesh and LED lights myself.
    At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

Didnt 1989 bikes have the weird wheels?

Either way, for a grand and it runs you did pretty well.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

That was the 88 with the weird wheels.

Welcome.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Loving the deals that people are getting on these bikes, Nice find! Welcome

Comment

Great score! Let's hope for a decent riding season.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Sweet deal! Nice bike

I just picked up my 88 last week. And yes, odd size tires. Looks like there is some cracking in the tires, so I think they will need to be replaced and I am finding that my options are fairly limited.
              Christine
              Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

Nice... sounds like you got a good deal.

Originally posted by rshissler View Post
                Its a 89 Katana 600. The guy says the color combo is rare for this year but ill let you guys be the judge.
                I normally wouldn't comment on this, but it's like the 8th time in less than a month I've heard this statement.

The simple of it... every year Suzuki made a base color and a vinyl graphic to match the base. They changed each year for the most part. It's not "Rare" it's just the setup for that year graphics and paint wise. Probably 50% of the 89s have that color setup.

But... that doesn't detract from a nice looking bike for a good deal. Enjoy!

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X