X

ebay LED Turn Signal Mirrors: Installed Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay LED Turn Signal Mirrors: Installed Pics

So, the lights in the location of the normal turn signals, on my bike, are only running lights, leaving me without any real turn signals up front.
    After my latest parking lot drop, I was in need of mirrors and the $34 LED signal mirrors were just $4 more than OE replacements.

They are smaller.
    Last edited by black&blue; 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM.
    Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
    Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
    2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

how are the new mirrors mounted, i cant see it on the pictures?

just used the original holes or did something?

other than that, looks great, and now i cant wait to get my kat back out on the roads....

Comment

The mirrors mounted using the existing mirror holes. I used the upper set of holes, other than that, the mirror is the same threading as the regular mirror mounting bolts.
      Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
      Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
      2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Can you take a close up of the mounting? It looks like its mounted differently in one of the pictures and then on another it looks like you may be using the mounting holes.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
          Can you take a close up of the mounting? It looks like its mounted differently in one of the pictures and then on another it looks like you may be using the mounting holes.
          I can, but it's definitely using the upper set of mounting holes for the regular mirrors.

Comment

No worries. It was just hard to see. I know that there is a new member to the forum that asked about turn signal mirrors and these are the first that I've seen that seem to mount up correctly without major modification or just weird mirror positions.
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

sorry to hijack, but some info on those saddle bags please?
              -Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
                sorry to hijack, but some info on those saddle bags please?
                They're RKA saddlebags which I had custom made for the bike. the pattern isn't custom, the color choice is.

See the thread here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123663

re the mirrors: I kinda feel like they do leave the original mirror sockets looking a bit unfinished but IDGAF, i'd rather have people not run me over because they can see what direction I'm gonna go.

Related note: in case it's not immediately obvious, these mirrors are significantly smaller than stock and therefore your visibility rearward is slightly reduced. I've since gotten used to them but I run large rear views in all my cars and like to check rearward for 5-0 often, so you can imagine my initial discomfort with smaller mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                X