X

If you fix it....it will run!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devinjordan View Post
    My air box only has those velocity stacks on the 2 middle carbs. Think it will make a difference? If so any good sites for a new air box and boots?
    It's a 2000 750 if that's makes a difference

The airbox boots that you attatch to the carbs externally are the "velocity stacks" inside the airbox. If you only have 2, then your missing the 2 boots to attatch to the carbs. Yes, that would certainly make a difference...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I forgot to mention one other thing. When you reroute the cable like that, be sure to check it's adjustment. My clutch started slipping just a little bit at the higher RPM's. The adjuster on the lever worked just fine.

Comment

Well I have all 4 boots that attach to the carbs but inside the airbox only the center 2 are flared out. Is this normal?
        sigpic
        "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
        "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Well I have all 4 boots that attach to the carbs but inside the airbox only the center 2 are flared out. Is this normal?
          For a 600 I'd say no. However, I have no idea what a 750 airbox looks like. Do they look like they have been cut off at all?

Comment

I have not noticed, I will take a look. I do know it's a real pain to get the airbox on the carbs right.
            sigpic
            "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
            "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
              For a 600 I'd say no. However, I have no idea what a 750 airbox looks like. Do they look like they have been cut off at all?
              I have not noticed, I will take a look. I do know it's a real pain to get the airbox on the carbs right.

The 89-97 750 airbox and boots, will be the same as the 90-97 600 airbox and boots.

The 4 boots are the same length internally and have the same internal bell shape.

The outside of the boots have the "mounting ring" at different areas between the center 2 and outside 2 boots. The reason for this is the airbox is curved on that edge. As you get closer to the edge, the airbox is further slightly from the carbs. If your looking at the inside of the airbox, then the boots on the outter 2 sides are barely sticking into the box. The 2 center ones are well into the box. All four of their edges are the same location or line if you put a straight edge in and across the boots.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                The 89-97 750 airbox and boots, will be the same as the 90-97 600 airbox and boots.

The 4 boots are the same length internally and have the same internal bell shape.

The outside of the boots have the "mounting ring" at different areas between the center 2 and outside 2 boots. The reason for this is the airbox is curved on that edge. As you get closer to the edge, the airbox is further slightly from the carbs. If your looking at the inside of the airbox, then the boots on the outter 2 sides are barely sticking into the box. The 2 center ones are well into the box. All four of their edges are the same location or line if you put a straight edge in and across the boots.

Krey
                Krey, just to clarify, we both have Post bikes. His is a Post with Pre fairings. If this same info applies, awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                  Krey, just to clarify, we both have Post bikes. His is a Post with Pre fairings. If this same info applies, awesome!

Yes, the Airbox is the same pre-post kats... so only slight possible variances in the boots, but the description I posted inside would be the exact same.

krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Yes, the Airbox is the same pre-post kats... so only slight possible variances in the boots, but the description I posted inside would be the exact same.

krey
                    Thanks.

Comment

ok thanks that seems right. and yea its a post with pre fairings but hey it was 400 bucks with running so...

any tricks to get the boots on better. i can get them on the top good but the bottom is a different story, it seems like if the left side is all the way on, the right don't want to go on all the way.
                      sigpic

Comment

ok thanks that seems right. and yea its a post with pre fairings but hey it was 400 bucks with running so...

any tricks to get the boots on better. i can get them on the top good but the bottom is a different story, it seems like if the left side is all the way on, the right don't want to go on all the way.
                        Remove the air filter first, and finesse the boots over the carbs from INSIDE the airbox.

Comment

Yea that helps but it's still a pain in the a$$!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X