X

New Exhaust Pic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust Pic

The day after turkey day was pretty nice for the chicago area, so i rode 80 miles one way to indiana and picked this up. Its a full Vance & Hines exhaust, $110, not perfect, but not too terrible

I thought the mid pipe wasn't connected to the can, oh well.

Now time to change the oil pan gasket, engine oil, filter, and plugs. I need to research a little more to see if I want to jet the carbs, so far it looks like I dont
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pisoncavalier; 11-29-2011, 11:19 PM.
    '90 Katana 600

Originally posted by pisoncavalier View Post
    The day after turkey day was pretty nice for the chicago area, so i rode 80 miles one way to indiana and picked this up. Its a full Vance & Hines exhaust, $110, not perfect, but not too terrible

I thought the mid pipe wasn't connected to the can, oh well.

Now time to change the oil pan gasket, engine oil, filter, and plugs. I need to research a little more to see if I want to jet the carbs, so far it looks like I dont
    If you're doing the pan gasket, you may as well put a shift kit in while you're doing it. The kit comes with the pan gasket and new exhaust gaskets, and only takes a couple of minutes if you have the pan off already.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Nice ride, careful lane-splitting.:bunny2

It may need repacking if it's really loud.
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

The V&H I had on my Interceptor needed re-packing about once a year. Sorta became a spring ritual. If I didn't repack then by mid summer I was getting popping on deceleration. Jetting was spot-on when it was freshly packed.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          If you're doing the pan gasket, you may as well put a shift kit in while you're doing it. The kit comes with the pan gasket and new exhaust gaskets, and only takes a couple of minutes if you have the pan off already.
          I like your style! How does that effect transmission life? My kats got 30k on it, trans isn't getting any younger. know where i can find a shift kit? I will have to google it.

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          The V&H I had on my Interceptor needed re-packing about once a year. Sorta became a spring ritual. If I didn't repack then by mid summer I was getting popping on deceleration. Jetting was spot-on when it was freshly packed.
          He said it was just repacked.... every year tho huh? Thats kind of a bummer. Maybe theres a better packing material that could be used? we'll see. Thank you for the heads up.
          '90 Katana 600

Comment

Probably would have helped if I'd been using steel wool packing between the baffle and the fiberglass like my Yoshimura had. I was repacking with straight fiberglass since that's what it had the first time I repacked it. Upside was that it was really easy to do. Much easier than my Yoshi to disassemble, especially after I replaced the rivets with sheet metal screws.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by pisoncavalier View Post
              I like your style! How does that effect transmission life? My kats got 30k on it, trans isn't getting any younger. know where i can find a shift kit? I will have to google it.
              It reduces the chance of missing shifts..... and honestly, it feels nicer.

I order them from Dennis Kirk, but you can get them from pretty much anywhere, including directly from Factory Pro.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
              X