X

Almost time for snow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost time for snow

Well I was going to change the wheels over this winter and maybe do a little painting on my stock 92... But I found this blue 88 1100 on craigslist!!!! Picture 038.jpg
    Attached Files
    1988 Kat 1100
    1992 Kat 1100

There seems to be something vital missing from it......
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      There seems to be something vital missing from it......
      Be nice Rick...... maybe it's transluscent. It's the Flintstone mod. Nice bike though
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

lol I know motor and trans!! Not real sure what I am going to put in it yet but going to break it down for some powder coating and paint and then look into punching out 1100 in between shoveling the driveway
        1988 Kat 1100
        1992 Kat 1100

Comment

Still a great-looking ride. As for punching it out..... if you're not going to track it, why bother? You've alread got pucker speed.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Not going to run it on the track but didn't want to just put a stock motor in it.. Just looking at different options for the motor.... I was going to just use the parts from the 88 but when I got there to pick it up he had clear title with it. The only thing better than one katana is two of them!!!
            1988 Kat 1100
            1992 Kat 1100

Comment

be unique, put pedals on it, or go electric
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcssls View Post
                be unique, put pedals on it, or go electric
                or a small block chev
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by jdm1991civic View Post
                  lol I know motor and trans!! Not real sure what I am going to put in it yet but going to break it down for some powder coating and paint and then look into punching out 1100 in between shoveling the driveway
                  It looks to be in pretty nice shape outside of the missing engine.

There are 1000 different ways you could put together an engine for that thing. Probably the greatest thing about old Suzuki engines is that you can mix and match all kinds of stuff and come out with something pretty unique (like a B12 with Hayabusa rods and pistons and a short stroke 750 head... a mess of parts, but they make power!)

Cleveland craigslist sure turns up some deals doesn't it? I pulled my current GSXR1100 and the first one I parted out from Cleveland craigslist. It must be our massive unemployment making people sell stuff off so cheap.

What part of Cleveland are you from? I'm out near Sandusky, but most of the guys I run around with are in the far West suburbs (Elyria/Lorain, Amherst, etc).
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I am located in Elyria!! I usually run 6 up to Sandusky or Vermilion..
                    1988 Kat 1100
                    1992 Kat 1100

Comment

Originally posted by jdm1991civic View Post
                      I am located in Elyria!! I usually run 6 up to Sandusky or Vermilion..
                      No s**t.... I worked in Elyria, Lorain, and Sheffield at one time or another. I actually lived off of Abbe Rd for ~9-10 months before heading back to Sandusky.

I stay off of 6 because I avoid Vermilion and Huron cops like the plague.

Out in my area (Huron-ish) I like to run Darrow Rd to Gore Orphanage and take that South for a ways, and try to get lost out there in the sticks. Rt 60 South from Vermilion is a good place to crack it open once you cross Mason rd, but only run it at night if you have a death wish: the deer are ridiculous.

I don't get to ride much of that at all, though, because I commute from here out to Kent State and that wears me down. Nothing like 150 miles of turnpike to kill your riding spirit.

Comment

Working...
                      X