X

new paint job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new paint job

so i painted my bike this weekend. looks awesome. i know this thread is useless without pics. i am at work right now butonce i get home,i will be taking pics. its all black with orange decals, thanks to motodecals.com. it was a pain in the *** but it is done. also, does anyone know how to get the fog out of paint after you clear coat something. it fogged up on a spot and and i want to fix it but all in all, it looks damn good for rattle can paint. pics will be up loaded later today...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by usmckatana; 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM.
    '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

what kind of clear did you use that caused 'fogging'? If it's a rattle can clear, not much, you laid it down too thick. Cheap rattle can clears will get 'milky' looking when you apply them too heavy too fast, which I believe is what you are describing. Unfortunately, the correct way to fix it is to sand it all off and respray. You might try wetsanding it and buffing, but it will never get crystal clear...at least not in my experiences with it...it will always have a bit of haze to it. Pictures would help, so we'll dive into it deeper once you post them.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

ill probably have to do that but i dont have a sticker to replace it. its the parking light piece. ill worry about it later. all in all though, i think it looks pretty good. the clear coat was the dupli-color paint.

Comment

I've found the VHT base with the dupli clear over top always causes a temporary "milky" look... until it dries. Then it's clear. Only takes a few hours normally, so spray it at night and the next day it has been fine. Sometimes just letting it "cure" will get rid of the discoloration.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the new paint.
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

pics uploaded on my starting post. enjoy...oh and i changed my brakes and the bike rides so much better....

Comment

Nice. I like the subdued, tactical look of it.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Looks good. I always use Upol #1 clear. Works great, its a little high on the price but its well worth it.
                04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

Looks good!.. I see you and I have the same cleaning methods of the rear rim
                  Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post
                    Looks good!.. I see you and I have the same cleaning methods of the rear rim
                    Those aren't fingerprints...they're ghost turd trails.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

yeah. i have to clean it up. i think ill do that this weekend. but all in all, im happy of the outcome of the bike. ive had a lot of compliments about it...there is a couple places i would like to touch upbut hey, $40 dollars is a steal compared to what i could have paid for to do it...thanks again. and let me know what you guys think of it...

Comment

Looks Good.

Comment

Very nice! I like the orange decals..they really stand out. I originally painted my fairings and didn't think I needed to paint my tank. The fairing came out so good, the tank looked like crap, so I decided to just rattle-can the tank. After 3 tries I gave up. Every time I sprayed the clear, the white paint yellowed and got cloudy. I finally just did what I should have in the beginning and bought the dupli, drug out the gun & compressor, and sprayed the tank. I'd wait awhile n see if the cloudy spot cures out...it takes a loooong time for rattle-can paint to completely cure. But bike looks great!
                          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

thats what i thought. i have to respray the tank because fuel got on it and fogged it but im still loving the colors. even thought my team is doing so so this year, Bengals, i had to give them love with the paint

Comment

Working...
                            X