color opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babygyrl View Post
    outside pic and pic on my cats toy, lol

Sprocket on the latest pic (LEFT ONE) sure looks pink to me.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I guess the question is, is it the right pink? Does it look on in the sunlight with the chain? Mixing different tones of pink is tricky, they don't coordinate as well as some other colors might.
      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

From the first pics the op posted the sprocket looked red and the chain pinkish. They did look like they were a little different, but it's hard to tell in pics. My GSXR 750 wheel looked blue pics, but when I got it it was definately purple(luckily I was going to paint it anyways). As some have stated though, if its that hard to anodize pink or get a true pink then I guess you have to live with it. I thought about using some anodized blue components but out of fear if everything would match I've just been using the standard black and aluminum paint scheme.

Comment

looks like pink in the sun, kinda a nice pink IMHO
          Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Is the color really going to matter after some miles on the assembly? It'll look boss for the first hundred miles or so, but with regular chain maintenance, the sprocket will get dirty.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

To me they don't look the same color combination
              LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

The chain plates are either painted or powder coated, the sprocket is anodized so the colors won't ever really be the same.

I am however concerned about that sprocket fitting over the hub on the carrier.

I looked at my bandit last night, which uses the same sprocket, and I think the center hub is larger in diameter than that sprocket you posted a picture of.

Here's one of the KR sprockets for comparison:
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by babygyrl View Post
                  outside pic and pic on my cats toy, lol

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  The chain plates are either painted or powder coated, the sprocket is anodized so the colors won't ever really be the same.

I am however concerned about that sprocket fitting over the hub on the carrier.

I looked at my bandit last night, which uses the same sprocket, and I think the center hub is larger in diameter than that sprocket you posted a picture of.

Here's one of the KR sprockets for comparison:

Yeah, I don't think that "pink" sprocket is going to have a large enough center hole. That would definately be a problem.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

so i should return this sprocket.. besides the color is all weird, the holes wont match up and that will be a problem
                    just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                      what?! they don't match?? (I blame it on the red-green colorblindness...)

Not to hi-jack, but good time for a color blind test for everyone.. http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm
                      I never knew I was color blind until I was 18, when I had to take that test for a physical.
                      Originally posted by arsenic
                      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                        looks pink to me take them outside, especially if the room you have them in is flourescent lighting...sunlight will give you the best representation of the color
                        this

Comment

chain alone and chain and sprocket 2gether. you'll see in the house they kinda match but outside u can see BIG difference... (inside pic has lighthouse stuff behind it)
                          Attached Files
                          just sayin

Comment

This is just a matter of opinion. It's really hard to mix pinks in general, it's hard to get them to coordinate. I personally wouldn't use those two together, I'd keep the pink chain and get a sprocket of what ever other color I was using with the bike.

Or have the sprocket painted/powder coated to match the chain better, if you are sure that the sprocket will fit your bike.
                            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

That def doesn't look like what I would call neon pink. There's an awful lot of red in it. Do you have other pink parts on the bike? How well does this match those? I don't blame you for being disappointed!
                              Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

I agree. Keep the pink chain and go with whatever sprocket color you want.
                                'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                                ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                                ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X