X

Work in progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in progress

Have had several ask about pics as work progresses. Right now everything is in mock up stage. Having to rework the way the former owner had the busa exhaust mounted in order to be more in line with my riding.

Polishing of worn aluminum slow going, and reworking of swing arm slowly getting done.

Haven't decided on color in firm yet. Was leaning towards custom three color graphics, but after mounting up the novelty pearl black panels, actually thinking of solid black.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Tell me more about theat exhaust..
    Do you have a jet kit?
    Is it the stock header?
    More!!!

Comment

It is a 2003 hayabusa exhaust. Was on the bike when I got the person that installed it did a lousy fitting job, so out came the sawzall and started all over again.

Currently has a stage 1 kit in it, never been dynoed as far as I know. Present have new crank,rods,wiseco piston kit, head, cams,timing chains, carb rebuild kit,stage 3 jet kit, kevlar clutch disc, new clutch basket, and misc other small goodies on shelf for it. Rebuild scheduled for last week in January. The rebuild is dependent upon acquiring asalvaged bandit out of atlanta next week, when they let me know. If that happens will backburner the rebuild and install the bandit motor.

Still trying to decide on the rear swing arm. Have a 93 and 91 gsxr on hand but trying to avoid cutting rear swing arm for the install. Got a 1100 kat swing arm on the way to try for fitment first.

The forks laying under it are off a 2005 gsxr, but a little indecisve about them as I research even further. Will probably decide on install within the next week.

Was pretty well set on my direction, till found the kat boards, then started thinking in other directions.
      Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

Comment

But!
        How did the exhaust sound?
        And do you have a stock header?

Comment

Exhuast sounds great, not too loud, free flowing enough to make the added power.

Yes it is running the stock header, I have the busa header but havent done alot of comparison to see if it can be made to work. After I finish working on the rear gonna do some hard comparison to see if it will work.

Comment

Cool.
            Let me know as I have a list of cross over exhausts.
            It the Busa exhaust fits I'd like to note it.
            If the cans are pretty much a bolt on I'll note
            that too!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
            X