X

Upgraded from the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded from the Kat

So i havent really posted here too many times since i sold my bike but i figured i would post up what i went to from the katana.

I sold my bike to another marine from Cherry Point NC and picked up this beauty

Its a 2003 Honda RVT1000R (RC51) they are Vtwin for those that do not know and i absolutely love the thing, sounds sexy, its beautiful and a blast to ride. it had 10,800 on the clock when i got it, garaged (still is), never saw the rain (still doesn't) and ive added a few goodies:

Tyga usa rear hugger
    Shorty levers
    painted the oem black wheels gold
    6k hid kit
    tech grip tank pads
    smoked screen

came with:
    frame sliders
    pc III
    arata pipes

next week im ordering a hotbodies undertail

EDIT Thanks to Ebon, i now have some sexy tail to show off, excellent guy, awesome doing business with you sir.

and for reference the rear used to look like this!

ACTION!!!!

Man i love that last one

Ryan
    Last edited by Idrivetoys; 07-26-2011, 07:24 PM.

Now THAT is a goddam motorcycle!!!!!

I'm not even a Honda fan, but I love the RC51's (just all around a better bike than the TL's were). Please, PLEASE tell me you are going to leave the swingarm alone!

Seriously, beautiful bike.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

TYVM, i absolutely love the bike. i actually drove about 450 miles to get it, Jacksonville NC to north of Baltimore MD due to its condition

and yes....i gave up a lot on the kat when i stretched it but then again it could only do so much anyway, this will maintain its function

Comment

God almighty. That is a clean RC.

Please, please please please. I beg you. Let it be. Don't stretch it.

Edit: Now that I see you don't plan on stretching it. Thank you. You have saved a future and even a classic of today.
        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Upgrade indeed! Congrats man, you will not find a single fault with it.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Dayum good lookin bike....................

Comment

I have had this since march and participated in 3 separate marine corps sponsored track days and have become very comfortable on it,

the bike is a beast.

Comment

Sharp bike, I like it.

Comment

Semper fi
                  What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                    Please, please please please. I beg you. Let it be. Don't stretch it.
                    Thiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

That's a seriously pretty machine. It should be unmolested and kept as it is

Comment

Nice bike. I am envious...

Comment

Everyone can stop mentioning stretching it now.....lol

since thats never going to happen, i have however seen one around that is stretched and i shook my head

Comment

wow, I am SO jealous...very nice

PS - I didn't say a thing about not stretching
                          sigpic
                          Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Originally posted by jjhussell View Post
                            Nice bike. I am envious...
                            +1
                            01 600...R6 mod, Hacked Factory pipe, ignition advanced, integrated rear turn signals, 03 tail, rear hugger, under tail, blacked out tailight & front turn signals and my own stickers.

Comment

It's a hair faster than my kat was

Comment

Working...
                              X