X

Finally done w/ 2011 updates...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally done w/ 2011 updates...

Tired - and out of money for bike - but got 2011 updates completed about 2 months before my daughter will be born. I had the D&D exhaust system and air filter upgrade done in 2010, here's what I did this year:

- Upgraded sprocket, went 2 up in rear
    - Chopped off shovel, installed Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit
    - Added racing cowl (compliments of Andybar4)
    - Carbon fiber seat (design), 1" lowered, gel pad insert
    - Replaced stock chain guard with Powerbronze rear tire hugger
    - Zero Gravity smoked windscreen
    - Added undercarriage lighting, front and rear

Apologize for the clutter in the garage, been real busy of late. Let me know what you think of the mods. I've received a lot of inspiration from the collective efforts of you guys here in KatRiders and the resources contained within this forum; appreciate your feedback.
    Attached Files

Damn, that looks good!
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Bike looks good!
      Big fan of clean modding and you did a dam nice job
      2005 Gsx600f- My baby
      1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
      Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

lookn good
        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Thanks, guys. I've got a few more decals to go (at least I THINK I can afford those) to call her officially done for this year. But one additional thing I was thinking about was a tank bra. Would be black, but wondering about what you guys think about full or half?

Also - does anyone know a good vendor who sells these for post-Kats? I didn't turn up a whole lot on the site search, and eBay only showed 1 lead on a used bra (which wasn't black).
          Last edited by DarkChylde-QC; 05-08-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

That looks sswweeeeeett!!!! Great job bro!!!

Comment

LOVE THAT SEAT!!! Noobie question, but is that seat a kit or custom job? The part where your pasenger would normally sit that has like a plastic looking cover over looks so awesome. Ive seen it on a few other bikes and have been wanting to do it to mine ever since.
              Last edited by BabyBoosa; 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM.
              2006 Katana 600

Comment

Keep the decals off!! This bike is reallllll clean...

My only complaint is that the tire hugger is off to the right slightly...

I am a perfectionist though.

Comment

BabyBoosa - I had the existing seat re-upholstered, lowered an inch, and had a gel pad inserted. Went with a material that resembled carbon-fiber. Bikes 2NV did the work.

As for the cowl - I bought that in the UK from andybar4; he is a member here in KatRiders. Great guy, good product, awesome service. Once I received it, just had to paint it (fiberglass cowl comes stock white).

Thanks again for your input - let me know if you have other questions that I can help you with!

MikeyZ - yeah, that tire hugger being slightly off is an unfortunate nuance of the part. Several of us have observed the same thing after having installed that particular tire hugger. However, Pummeckel has fabricated some metal rods to adjust for it; I hope to leverage the same solution.

And as for the decals - I prefer minimal, just trying to do something with the solo seat cowl. Still looking, though - haven't found anything yet that catches my eye!
                  Last edited by DarkChylde-QC; 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice job
                    I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Stickers are for honda civics, and tank bras...well that's just another level of gay.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah, after going thru the forum, I've picked up on the aggregate attitude toward tank bras - so I think I'll be saving myself some money this year. Will stick with the existing tank pad!

Comment

That paint really shine.

Comment

Working...
                          X