X

Just got an 06 sv650s !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got an 06 sv650s !

Well as the title says i picked up 2006 sv650s. I bought the bike to fix up. The guy i bought it from was the 1st owner and he had sliced a deer in half on it (glad that he's ok). He had both hands broken and put together in pieces. Well neway, the bike is super clean and i cant wait to fix it! best thing that i love about it is probly fuel injected and that it feels like its a bicycle compared to my kat

Vlad The Russian

Looks like a great start for a project.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Nice grab! Keep us informed on the progress of the rebuild.
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

nice mate!
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Track bike for sure.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thnx all... best thing i that i got it for $500 . guy said that it probly doesnt start but it starts and runs good. i love it so far. one of the bros said i should go for the naked look but im gonna do with all the plastics, the way i like it .... and scotty i dont rly go to the track hehe
            Vlad The Russian

Comment

$500!! wow! Major score!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                $500!! wow! Major score!
                +1
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the red SV club. Granted, I paid a heck of a lot more than $500 for mine, you're going to love that torquey beast!
                  Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Yea that's what I thought... I called the guy 5 seconds after he posted it on craigslist ... he said his phone was blowing up after from soo many people calling. And another good thing is its clean title

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
                    Welcome to the red SV club. Granted, I paid a heck of a lot more than $500 for mine, you're going to love that torquey beast!
                    Alrdy love it lol
                    Last edited by Vlad; 04-06-2011, 03:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Vlad The Russian

Comment

Wow AND the clean title. Make sure you join svrider and sv-portal. Great resources for us. As for the plastics you were mentioning, be sure to check out OneidaSuzuki's online store as last I checked they were clearance-ing out the solo cowls, lowers, etc for our bikes.

Going to make some recommendations for ya:

If it doesn't have these already, they'll make a substantial impact on your bike: SV1000 snorkel, BMC or K&N air filter, PC-III to smooth out the power curves, slip on exhaust, aTRE (to kill the stupid suzuki retarded timing), and tech spec tank grips (stock tank is waaaaaay slippery).
                      Last edited by brentwoodkris; 04-06-2011, 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Comment

Ohh damn thnx a lot bro. Joined svriders but didn't see the other 2... bought some parts from svrider alrdy. Thnx
                        Vlad The Russian

Comment

What'd you buy? Also, if you're going to turn it into a track bike, the gsxr front end swap and shock upgrade is about the best you can do!

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
                            What'd you buy? Also, if you're going to turn it into a track bike, the gsxr front end swap and shock upgrade is about the best you can do!
                            headlight and the switches on left handlebar. and nah im not making it into track bike
                            Vlad The Russian

Comment

nice, let me know what parts you'll be needing and I'll keep an eye out for you

Comment

Working...
                              X