X

New bike goodies! :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bike goodies! :D

Well I got started on doing the fender delete for my bike right. The previous owner just got to chopping with his sawzall and left it at that. I went a bit further and chopped it under the fairings and relocated the license plate bracket and got a tail light with integrated turn signals. I'll also be putting dual white 4" CCFL's and a sheet of lexan in the big opening between the tail light and license plate.

Before:

After:

Before you do those CCFLs check the local laws. From what I remember, Arkansas has a law against white lights showing on the rear of a vehicle except for very small lights shining on the plate and shielded from shining at following vehicles. Be a pity to go to a bunch of trouble just to build something you're going to have to modify the first time a cop pulls you over.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hmm, really? I guess if anything I could make a reflector type deal that would cover up all of the excess light and direct it to the license plate. I know the ricers with underglow here rarely get pulled over and I would hope a cop wouldn't pull me over for making my tag easier to view lol.

Comment

The key is "indirect" lighting placement. If they can see the light source, it's probably gonna attract their attention. If it's shielded/tucked under shining down, not as much an issue and they would be more willing to let it slide even if not "to code".

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Looks like you need some rear rubber there hoss!

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
            Looks like you need some rear rubber there hoss!
            Brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's sitting in my closet waiting to get mounted this Thursday. Those were on the bike when I bought it lol.

I'll see if I can make a reflector to direct it all down on the plate. I'm sure it couldn't be too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by UG0TB4NN3D View Post
              Brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's sitting in my closet waiting to get mounted this Thursday. Those were on the bike when I bought it lol.

I'll see if I can make a reflector to direct it all down on the plate. I'm sure it couldn't be too difficult.
              Pics are a pre 600, but the theory is the same for the bracket...

$7 for the light (was actually $14 for a pair, but I'm using each on a seperate bike...) and $4 for the aluminum sheet.

Single piece bracket cut and bent to include a light shield/reflector. LED Light has self adhesive that sticks it on. It's a flexible flat strip and very bright. In the dark, it's almost like having a back up light, but does not shine in anyone's eyes. The only change I will make on the next one is to bend the reflector ends in instead of triming them off, to further box enclose the light. From one point on the side, it shines out.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well here's what I ended up with. I found a slot where the CCFL tube fit PERFECTLY and blocked off most of the light shining back. It mostly shines straight down, so we'll see how that works.

Comment

what about that white supra in the background????

Comment

Working...
                  X