X

Midwest Winter Storm pictures from Mid-Missouri

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Winter Storm pictures from Mid-Missouri

That kind of storm system doesn't come around often, so I took some pictures of the progress from our home in Central Missouri:

Around 930 am Tuesday morning:

130 pm:

Wednesday morning:

After help from parents, neighbor kid, and the wife, this is the dig out results:

Pretty awesome indeed. Digging out wasn't fun, especially because of the resultant intense back pain which I will feel for a while unfortunately ...but it had to be done or else we wouldn't have been getting out for a while ! Makes me miss my old Jeep for sure , I may not have had to worry about digging a path for it!

Makes for memories that's for sure...

Anyone else get pictures of the storm?
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

i really wish i would have had my camera on me durring the storm and the morning after.. there were cars stranded all over the streets. We as well had the national guard out because it was so bad. heres some pics i just snagged a few minutes ago.

This fence is almost 7ft tall as well.

"even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
    2004 marauder 800

Comment

What's all that white stuff?!

Comment

Looks like a dusting compared to other locales - this is the first time in severeal years we actually got hammered with snow - on the order of 18 - 28" in one shot, followed by additional fronts dropping additional inches. Seems like just about every state got some snow this year.
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

The pics may look like a dusting, but it was about 19-20" here at my house, and 22" in other areas locally....but I saw other areas around Chicago and further north got 24"+

definitely hate this weather though, even just an inch...
          Go Cardinals!

Comment

i dont mind winter if we actually get enough snow to do something like snowmobile... but just freeze temps and nothing... its sucks.... but of course i love summer and being able to ride.

2006 turboed kat
            2004 marauder 800

Comment

Wish I got some photos, gf broke her camera, so couldnt get any
              Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

We got lucky here
                It was too cold and dry so we ended up only getting a couple inches
                We had a lot of drifting because of high winds

I was pretty lucky because the wife got the snowblower out and had opened up the driveway enough for me to get in off the street when I got home from work
                I didn't think she even knew how to start it

I have great neighbors, usually who ever is around will help out the others

EDIT

We just got around 6-8 inches dumped on us in about 2-3 hours
                I was plowing snow with the front spoiler on my Civic all the way home
                Last edited by rexazz2; 02-05-2011, 11:23 PM.
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

After a few days of melting, it was still good for a little trip on a plastic saucer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZH9nFLAp90"]YouTube - Steven and I sledding 2011-02-03 2/2[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                    i really wish i would have had my camera on me durring the storm and the morning after.. there were cars stranded all over the streets. We as well had the national guard out because it was so bad. heres some pics i just snagged a few minutes ago.

This fence is almost 7ft tall as well.

Aren't you supposed to clear a way to the door, not around it? Just Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                      Aren't you supposed to clear a way to the door, not around it? Just Curious.
                      lol thats the back door (no pun intended) and that whole porch was COMPLETELY clean the night before the storm... i had to have fun with the snowblower c'mon lol. AND yes there is a path.
                      Last edited by mstngsrule68; 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM.

2006 turboed kat
                      2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
                        After a few days of melting, it was still good for a little trip on a plastic saucer:

YouTube - Steven and I sledding 2011-02-03 2/2
                        awesome I saw some guys pulling their kids on sleds with their ATV's up the street and that would have been fun too. I miss getting out and having sledding fun like that-that and the four wheeling fun! I surely don't like this cold though, negatives several nights this week!
                        Go Cardinals!

Comment

we got hammered last tuesday night/wednesday morning pretty good, somewhere north of 12 inches, then saturday we got another 6 in a storm that we were supposed to only get 1-3...I'm going back to school for meteorology..."Ya, it might snow, it might not..."

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                          X