Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Both Bikes are almost ready for the Season!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Bikes are almost ready for the Season!

Right Bike: Mine- 1991 Kat 600 BlackMetallic. Left Bike: GF's- 2007 GS200 (she's learning for the first time this year, and will move up to bigger bike once comfortable).
    **Current Picture from 1/31/2011**

Things I've done to the bikes over the winter to get them ready:
    My 600 Kat -
    - Replaced left front fairing
    - Repainted entire bike to Black Metallic.
    - Redid the graphics on entire bike to silver
    - Custom License plate fender eliminator
    - Integrated license plate lights
    - Silver bar ends
    - Smoked out windscreen
    - New brake rubber boot
    - Replaced all carbs
    - Replaced choke cable
    - Cleaned air filter
    - Re-Lubed Clutch Cable
    - Re-Lubed Choke Cable
    - Re-Lubed Throttle Cable
    - New tank pad
    - New petcock rebuild kit
    - New fuel lines and vaccum lines
    - Repainted tank after it got ruined
    - New Key made
    - Cleaned, and relubed chain
    - Changed oil and filter
    - Custom Garmin mount for my NUVI

GF's GS200 -
    - Fixed leaking petcock
    - Had starter replaced
    - Bought the new upgraded exhaust kit from a 2009 GS200 and exhaust gasket (had to fabricate a rear mount plate out of steel as the new one sat 2in lower than the 2007 version)

Things I still have to finish within the next 5-6 weeks before winter is over:
    My 600 Kat -
    - Find a rear brake pad cover and paint it to match
    - Replace the right exhaust with the new one I picked up
    - Finish my sideview mirror delete and create new brackets to hold on new smaller sideview mirrors.
    - Upgrade the headlight to a 6000k HID kit
    - Add on new 6mm silver wheel rim strips to match fairing decals

GF's GS200 -
    - Fabricate out of ABS a piece to fit the chunk missing from her fairings.
    - Repair crack in upper faring by windscreen
    - Replace defective battery (has a dead cell in it and won't keep a charge)
    - Repaint her entire bike to Dark Metallic Purple with black graphics.

Let me know what you think of the process!
    Whats up KatRiders!

Nice work! Cool that your GF rides...

Worst pictures ever though-

Comment

Nice bikes. I had a GS200 for a while (6 weeks before I bought my Kat). Was a good starter to regain my confidence on a bike since I hadn't rode in a long time. Had nothing but issues with it though. Best of luck!
      Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Here is an update: 1/31/2011
        This past weekend the GF and I were trying to decide on a color for her bike. She wanted something girly but not like a fairy princess with pink or light-teal. So she decided to go with a dark metallic purple. We had no idea how it would look so we went to the store and bought a small model bike for $2.50 and custom painted it a purple to get an idea. The real color will be a darker purple with a metallic flake. It will also have a faded in black skull graphic on the front fairings, and the wheels will be painted from the current red to gloss black like they are on the model:

Here is the model after we repainted it:

Originally posted by dianhsuhe View Post
        Nice work! Cool that your GF rides...

Worst pictures ever though-

LOL... yea I know... I'll get good ones once the snow clears and I can get the bikes out in the light.

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
        Nice bikes. I had a GS200 for a while (6 weeks before I bought my Kat). Was a good starter to regain my confidence on a bike since I hadn't rode in a long time. Had nothing but issues with it though. Best of luck!
        Yea... it isn't the craziest bike out there that's for sure, tops out at 85mph. But she is a beginner and wanted a super light and agile bike to learn on, so we really couldn't pass up the deal. Especially since we only paid a total of $550 for it and got a brand new full exhaust and starter in the deal too. The bike only has 1900miles on it and has new brakes and practically brand new tires as well.

It definately is a super easy bike to learn on. You can just let the clutch out on it moderately quickly and it'll start to go without even any throttle. Make learning to get started and having to learn to balance the clutch and throttle SUPER easy for her... lol.
        Last edited by RedKat91; 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Nice workin man. Now if only i can talk my GF into learning to ride....
          1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

Man the GS thing tripped me out. I thought you meant GS as in Suzuki prefix like a GS1000, GS450, GS1100, GS750 kinda deal. I was looking at that bike going "I don't remember that in any recent Suzuki model lineups..." Then it hit me that it was a Lifan.
            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Lol.. yea...
              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

How is it anyways? I love small displacement bikes but have always steered clear of Korean/Chinese made bikes after a bad experience.
                "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Working...
                X