X

Rebirth of my Kat..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebirth of my Kat..

My old 88 kat had met it's maker and therefore has been reborn with a slight twist. I know some of you will wonder wtf i was thinking but i had a crazy idea in my head and ran with it...jus wondering what some of you think...she used to be a 1988 Katana 1100. Now transformed into a 9 ft chopper. The frame was made by myself and the forks are of a old dirtbike..
    Attached Files

Why not. looks cool. not quite my style but I'll be following the thread.
    Richard
    96 Suzuki GSX750F
    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
    05 Yamaha WR450F
    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

i like it good job

Comment

looks cool

Comment

I can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

I am currently working on the front brake issues i have. I also have managed to keep all the original wiring and harnesses and will be reworking what i need to. The donor for this project i have had for years and i couldn't let er die... seems i will need to make my own exhaust as well, gonna be 2 into 1 running out the back on both sides..It also seems i have shaved a lot of weight off too. Not sure how its gonna handle but its gonna be fun..

Comment

Rebirth

I like it.

Comment

Looks sweet. I love street bikes and have a love for bobbers and choppers too. I m currently looking into a bobber project when i'm finished painting the Kat.
                1999 GSX750F
                -Yoshimura RS3
                -Shinko Raven's
                -More to come

Comment

i can dig it
                  the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                  # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                  [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

cool

but why in the hell would you hard tail it?
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

This is a test project for me, I wanted to work out a few certain aspects with it. Gives me time to figure out the flaws that i possibly have. keep in mind i didn't measure anything on this and just eyeballed it. My next project in the future will have alot better suspension. I also dont have many specialized tools like a tubing bender, cutting torch, plasma cutter etc, I bent the tubing by hand, used a angle grinder and a cheap mig to tack it together and final welded with a 60 yr old arc welder. My back probably wont like me for it either..

Comment

run it on 15 psi or so and it should be ok.... maybe spring the seat... simple and easy solution for the guys that like the HT look
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I like it...Its different...and im all about being different seeing as its hard to do these days...pretty much every idea i have that i like and people say i dont know about that or i dont really like it...Ill do it...So keep up the good work and ill be following this thread for sure.
                          Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

Ridiculously cool!
                            '95 Katana 600

Comment

I'd love to see a chromed out busa motor in a chopper.

Comment

Working...
                              X