X

Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CHRISKAT600 View Post
    man, i have day dreamed about boosting my 06 600 all winter, and this is exactly what i had in mind.

so could an oil pressure gauge be hooked up at the same place you hooked in your feed line?

yes it can just get a m16 x 1.5" to either a male -4an or .125" NPT, you can find the fittings on ebay for around $8

Comment

• The post 600/750 are the ideal bike for a cooler, A side mount cooler......one would maybe need to clean up the fiarings around the big side vents but you have a ton of space for a small intercooler.

Have you looked into getting a bigger oil cooler? turbos generate gobs of heat, a 750 cooler will be better for the turbo and the engine. you might even want to run a fan on the cooler.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

• why not run an 1052, 1127, or 1157 cooler

Comment

• Heck just rig up a radiator and let the oil flow through that J/K!!

Comment

• I believe a temperature controled fan will be fine with the use of a 750 cooler! the only other cooler I would suggest for the oil is aftermarket! I am concerned with the size of the airbox, lets just say from what I see it is going to be a tuning nightmare with the carbs.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
              I believe a temperature controled fan will be fine with the use of a 750 cooler! the only other cooler I would suggest for the oil is aftermarket! I am concerned with the size of the airbox, lets just say from what I see it is going to be a tuning nightmare with the carbs.

actually the plenum isn't that big.... as for cooler, im just searching around to find a bigger one. idk what its going to be off of yet so we'll see....

Also, got the plenum almost fully installed (clamps and some more rubber trimming required)... then i get one of my horrible bad migraines yesterday so i didnt get one thing done, we'll see what happend's for later today..... bye

also, i will be running an oil temp gauge, i haven't bought it yet though...
              Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
              2004 marauder 800

Comment

• so im sitting here thinking... i could use some ideas on something..... where should i wire my scav. pump and my fuel pump in?.. needs to be off when engine is off (ideal) and off when bike is off.... it would be ideal to not need to run an extra switch. any ideas?

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

• fused relay toggled when the main relay is powered up from the KS and/or the run-stop switch... use a Bosch (now tyco) cube relay like this...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by GSXFJim; 01-17-2011, 04:49 PM.
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• Oh, here's the pics of the box (almost) installed... forgot to put them up. lol

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Let me explain my concern, even though I am sure you did your equations. The entrance of the turbo port will allow more air to #2 and #3 than #1 and #4. With that said, I don't know what the inside of it looks like. I know that the air flow has to be equal for each carb to react as they should. Judging by the size of the box, there isn't enough room for vilocity stacks, which would help in controling the forced air flow. I am not saying your work is shoty, I am just giving some constructive criticism so to speak. I really want this to work for everyone. Many do this mod with a Injection setup. I like what you have done so far! I can't wait to hear this thing run.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• lol well running, i might have quick fired it up and this things starts whining at 3- 3500rpm, it sure sure does have a noticeable spool. I should be able to run it within the next couple weeks. im stoked.

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

• nice ... well done sir... well done!
                          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

• here's an update, i don't have pics and i wont be able to do them tomorrow or night most likely, but the charge pipe is about 50% done. looks frickin awesome and i bet no one would expect how its ran.

2006 turboed kat
                            2004 marauder 800

Comment

• just wondering, where does the hose running from the pilot tubes go? looks like one is going to the bowl vent tees, where does the other one go?

Comment

• oh ...ok I see what the could be problem is with the intake now that the pics are showing up for me...
                                as much as I hate to knock on anyones hard work that system is too short and is going to cause a lot of uneven and very turbulant air. the last thing you want is to for air flow in a 90o turn let alone under pressure. I would stronly recommend you redesign the intake plenum with sharter stacks in the carbs and a larger tapered plenum to eliminate the sharp turns the are has to make.

something more along this shape/design will allow for far more accurate fuel metering on each carb and way better performance.

One of the systems I built a few years back I made like yours.... I tried feeding it in the middle of the plenum as well as in one end. Neither way worked well and some cylinder were leaner then others and boost blled off was really bad. I had to double the size of the plenum and make it a wedge shape before it would evenly boost . when it did it produced WAY more power.

sorry to bust your chops on this... but you have the room if you shorten the stacks a bit on the carbs and make the plenum bigger and wedge shaped you will be much happier with the performance.... Maybe mount the blow off under the plenum for more room.
                                Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-19-2011, 12:54 AM.
                                98 GSX750F
                                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                                X