No announcement yet.
X

Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at what point did i ever said i was expecting the double the hp?? i do recall i said im going to guess in a range of 120-140 but i don't know..... read before you post.
    "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
    2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
      at what point did i ever said i was expecting the double the hp?? i do recall i said im going to guess in a range of 120-140 but i don't know..... read before you post.
      120-140 is effectively double the horsepower of a Katana 600.

Just saying, don't expect double on 7lbs with stock internals.

Don't get all bent.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

im not

so for an update today.... i think all i'm really going to get done is just welding the studs onto the exhaust outlet flange and that's really it.... other priority's suck lol.

by the way this is not a numbers goal build..

Originally posted by Kattie View Post
        Def love what your doing man...It looks nice...I hope to see some pics of the finished product and maybe even a video or two and some specs on how it performs.
        i actually picked up a camera that fits inside my helmet and was going to start vlog'ing while i ride.. so you'll see many videos
        Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
        2004 marauder 800

Comment

i actually picked up a camera that fits inside my helmet and was going to start vlog'ing while i ride.. so you'll see many videos
          Great idea... I wish we lived close because I would love to see the first ride.

I think if you got 100hp you'd be on the winning end. I'm not a turbo guy so I could be way off... I know you're not doing this for the ponies tho and I enjoy this build!
          95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
          Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
          ---
          I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

nope i left it wide open and even threw some metal shavings in for added insurance ...
            That has me ROFL...on the inside cus I'm at work
            I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
            -Unholy m-
            Current project: Un-Katchable
            sigpic

Comment

Well no i wouldnt say 7psi is alot...and no katanas arent the fastest bikes to start with...with that and some of your other basic katana mods its def gona put some pep in its step...not to mention the cool factor...lol and everyone you ever see on it is gona see a turbo and think its the fastest thing in the world...lol...but later on you could change some internals and maybe a 750 head swap and maybe the other 1000 things on this forum that you could do and you would probably be putting down some pretty serious numbers...Ill say to everyone,Im sure if he has the abality to build this and to know that he can only run abt 7psi on stock internals than he probably knows quite a bit about the outcome...So why dont we all just set back,subscribe and enjoy what hes doing instead of criticizing his work...Me personally,I love it and i love my katana,In my opinion they dont get enough respect,everyone compares them to "sport bikes" when technically there not,i mean for an oil cooled,carbed 600 that weighs more than most sport bikes i think they do pretty well.

Keep up the good work man.
              Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

Just a quick question...
                are you still going to be able to change your oil with that real close to the oil filter?? Pics might make it seem closer than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                  Just a quick question...
                  are you still going to be able to change your oil with that real close to the oil filter?? Pics might make it seem closer than it is.
                  I was wondering the same thing...i have the same issue,my header sets right in front my oil filter so it makes it a pain to change it...it would suck to have to take the turbo off every time u have to change the oil but im sure with having the kind of experience he seems to have he can come up with something.

My Build

Comment

thanks for all the reply's, it really makes it more worth all the hours and abuse this takes on a body... as for the oil filter... nope it really is just that close, then add the oil feed back fitting onto it and its closer... i will most likely have to unbolt the turbo and swing it out the way to change it.... but im sure ill do a oil filter relocation kit eventually...but yea if this were a number build... it would be completly different.. just like kattie said... the idea of swapping to a 750 with low comp and completly build bottom end and about 20psi is in the back of my head...

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                    That has me ROFL...on the inside cus I'm at work
                    lol that was me too
                    Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-07-2011, 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM3 View Post
                      Is that just an ametuer level welder? Ive been thinking of picking one up and attempting to do a little fabrication on a go kart. Doesn't seem like it would be to tricky to get the hang of.

Will you be dyno testing this bike after the project?
                      Its a Mac Tools 130 MIG welder....nice home welder 120v-30amp/ 60hz. Ametuer.....probably not. If you cant MIG weld, you just cant MIG weld. Not some Harbor Freight crap. And there is a difference in MIG welding and gas-less (FCAW) welding. Two totally different methods. Your not gonna find a decent MIG setup for less than $600. Flux-core welding is a little more ametuer friendly, and cheaper, i once had a harbor freight welder that was FC and laid a pretty nice weld. But i Fab for a living so your results might vary

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz6vq-409Vg"]YouTube - Top Gun - Highway To The Dangerzone - Fast Flight Action![/ame] this is how i imagine the first ride.... lol sorry i had to post it.

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

ALRIGHTY got some more pictures for ya guys.....

First we will start off with the block off plates you may remember from 5 pages back... those got done and installed.... heres the pictures....

here they are all installed and finished.

YAY! one more thing done...

here's another picture of the turbo, notice the beautiful studs welded on lol.

well got it all bolted up.. i think it looks beautiful!

NOW some of you were asking about my clearance to the oil filter, i still need to toss the fitting in still but heres a ruff idea of the clearance im running, this is also after bring it out 1- 11/2 inches.

And for some fun and games i thought this picture could use some chrome. lol

I highly doubt that it will go on the bike....

so got that done today and ordered my oil feed line as well. now off to the hardware store to buy some more nice expensive fittings.

2006 turboed kat
                          2004 marauder 800

Comment

Bikes lookin good man...That exhaust is gona be crazy loud...But itll sound nasty...lol

My Build

Comment

it not going to be that bad, the turbo is going to quite it down enough, but well see what i come up with for the exhaust, im positive ill build something....

2006 turboed kat
                              2004 marauder 800

Comment

Welllllll i got some more work done tonight, went to the hardware store and spent another 10bucks on fittings... heres what they look like when put together.

heres the fuel pressure gauge i got today... looks pretty awesome, sorry about the camera the chrome just wouldnt let me get a good picture..

and heres what it looks like with the fittings installed.

then i also ordered my feed line tonight... so yea thats what got accomplished today!!

2006 turboed kat
                                2004 marauder 800

Comment

Working...
                                X