No announcement yet.
X

Turbo Katana build (The rebirth)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike is coming along great, a lot is getting done. We actually came up with the idea to turbo mine as well so come a couple months from now both should be done...so stay tuned!
    "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
    2004 marauder 800

Comment

WOW! Been away for a lil bit, and now the holidays. So I haven't seen it till now. Myyyy goodness! GIT SUM KILLER!!! Just getting the plenum alone built and fit was pretty amazing skill. Hope this all works out for ya! Hope ya enjoy the holidays and get back on it fresh and ready! Best of luck!
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

now you've got the wheels turning..im looking for a turbo now,,,momma i wanna go fast!!!!

Comment

ive been working on it here and there...got the swingarm done, gonna mount it today and re-routed the fuel system....instead of using the kp31 now, im going with a garrett t3/t4. Its the smallest hybrid t3 (.42/.48) about the size of a Td05-H, so a little set back, but its still coming along....been helping mstngsrule68 (matt) with his build

Comment

im looking for a turbo as we speak..which one do you reccomend?? i only want about 7 psi cause i dont wanna cause to many problemns with the motor

Comment

Originally posted by 03kat View Post
              im looking for a turbo as we speak..which one do you reccomend?? i only want about 7 psi cause i dont wanna cause to many problemns with the motor
              Here's the math http://www.kawiforums.com/zx-7r/1618...-thread-4.html
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                ive been working on it here and there...got the swingarm done, gonna mount it today and re-routed the fuel system....instead of using the kp31 now, im going with a garrett t3/t4. Its the smallest hybrid t3 (.42/.48) about the size of a Td05-H, so a little set back, but its still coming along....been helping mstngsrule68 (matt) with his build
                and i thank you!.... ill post the pic up tomorrow or something fyi, gotta run out right now.

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by 03kat View Post
                  im selling the kp31 thats on my bike now, it already has modified flanges to work on anything. and also the oil feed and oil return flanges

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

getting that indepth about turbocharging a street bike is kinda pointless....and he looks to be fuel injected. charting flow tables makes me think he has way too much time on his hands...lol maybe for an all out drag bike, good link though
                  Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

You guys are all crazy turbo-charged bikes!! The madness... I LOVE IT!

What are the projected numbers of a turbo kat? 80bhp/40tq is stock right, what like 150 bhp?

Comment

i have a 750 so im starting with 106hp.....im hoping for 130-140

Comment

Yeah he's going to injection, there really isnt a reason not to. Whitey's an engineer, so he enjoys doing things efficiently. Smart dude.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

just an update, were hard at work every night to get the bike done!

(everclear is a great tool in the garage )

2006 turboed kat
                            2004 marauder 800

Comment

Very funny Hope all goes well and you get it working..

Comment

i have no doubt that it'll work, i got side tracked earlier this year from helping mstngsrule68 with his turbo kat, and dumping a couple grand in carbon fiber on my buell, im about a month away from getting it done

Comment

Working...
                                X