My build - Uglier Betty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led time

So I added a butload of LEDS to the kat tonight,

10 24 LED orange strips, 2 under tank, 1 near stem, 2 down the big box part of the frame rail, 1 under battery, 2 in belly pan, and 2 in the swing arm.

Also added 2, 24 led log lights on the forks, basically where I used to have some, but those were different lights.

Fogs are wire via relay so they can be toggled on off, but only when the ignition is hot. Orange ones are wire to a constant hot so I can leave them on and take the key with me, like at a bike show.

Pictures don't do the light justice, I'll see if a better camera than my phone will pick it up better.

Last edited by venturesomerite; 10-18-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
      So I added a butload of LEDS to the kat tonight,

10 24 LED orange strips, 2 under tank, 1 near stem, 2 down the big box part of the frame rail, 1 under battery, 2 in belly pan, and 2 in the swing arm.

Also added 2, 24 led log lights on the forks, basically where I used to have some, but those were different lights.

Pictures don't do the light justice, I'll see if a better camera than my phone will pick it up better.
      I don't normally like that flashy stuff, but I've got to say that looks pretty cool. Good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by broel View Post
        I don't normally like that flashy stuff, but I've got to say that looks pretty cool. Good job!
        Thanks!

I never liked that stuff either, but I have to say I really like how it turned out.

The lights stem from a few weeks ago when my head light shorted out, and it was night time, miles from home and I had only a tail light and plate light. That sucked balls.

Now I have fogs and can see should that ever happen again, as well as orange "see me so you have less of a chance of hitting me" lights if needed. The bonus is that I could drive with the orange ones on, since they are a legal color, same as any other running light like on a trailer or truck.

Comment

• i like the look of the L.E.D.'s
          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Looks awesome
            2005 Gsx600f- My baby
            1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
            Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• As far as your hands go, I recommend taking the weight off of your arms and support yourself differently, either with your core, your body on your tank, or your elbows on your knees. Alternate between all three. It's been a while since I got sleep but I thought that I saw that your hands go numb or something on this thread LOL.

The lights are pretty trick though! I like how you wired the fogs...that's some forward thinking! Keep it up!

Comment

• bookmark'd!

No lie, Imma draw a lot of inspiration for my build from this thread alone.

Thanks tons for documenting so much!
                I got all things that are goowd

Comment

• Just noticed that your seat is only supported by some flimsy tubing up front?

Might wanna reinforce that before it snaps off going over a bump...cool looking bike otherwise.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol'Gregg View Post
                    bookmark'd!

No lie, Imma draw a lot of inspiration for my build from this thread alone.

Thanks tons for documenting so much!
                    Glad you like it, Thanks!

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Just noticed that your seat is only supported by some flimsy tubing up front?

Might wanna reinforce that before it snaps off going over a bump...cool looking bike otherwise.
                    Believe it or not, it's actually gusseted from 5 different points, and the seat pan itself is made with a built in full length brace of 1/4" steel. The part that the seat mount is welded to is also gusseted with 1/4" steel. In fact, most of the new subframe is made of 1/4" steel.
                    Last edited by venturesomerite; 11-06-2011, 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I really like that fog light down low setup you got going. Do you have any daylight shots of how they look

Bike looks real clean. Just noticed your seat/tank mount. Don't know how I missed that before, but that's bad a**

Comment

• Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                        I really like that fog light down low setup you got going. Do you have any daylight shots of how they look

Bike looks real clean. Just noticed your seat/tank mount. Don't know how I missed that before, but that's bad a**
                        Not right now, no. I'll try to get some. They are just some cheap ebay things, were like $7 shipped from China or wherever.

Comment

• For those who wanted a better picture of how the fogs look/ are mounted in the day time, here you go:

Comment

• Daddy likes!

Comment

• Lots of work but cool man

Comment

• looks sick good work. i started work on my kat fighter today. i do think your running lean tho. i have foam pods on my carbs and i believe it ran too lean and the head gasket blew or atleast i think thats what happened. im no mechanic but this is definitely an inspiring build

Comment

Working...
                                X