Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice build!

Comment

• Thanks!

I took my mufflers apart today to look at the packing, looks like it should last about 3-4 years before I need to look again, should probably last even longer. I also welded on two washers, one on either side of the baffles, which is how I created some more back pressure, which helped it to run better.

I played with jetting a little more today. I'm in the ball park, just need to step down a jet size and then play with the needle notches, but she idles great and pulls hard, just need to fine tune the top end.

On a side note, got my hands on english wheel parts, a set of 6 bottom dies and TWO top dies all for $45, all brand new!!!! Look for an english wheel in the future. For those not paying attention, the english wheel is for my mini fairings, and once I start playing, who knows what the hell I'll end up making.

Last edited by venturesomerite; 10-06-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• I realized today that I have never, in the 5 or so years I've had my bike, washed her. So I did that today!

Going for a ride now!

Comment

• Dude your bike is crazy looking... i couldn't ride something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by kazahara View Post
            Dude your bike is crazy looking... i couldn't ride something like that
            Its funny, everyone says that, but it's honestly no different to ride than any other naked bike. The only thing I notice is the lack of fairings, and that's only at like 70 mph, because I ride with a full face I don't feel too much of a difference.

The seat isn't as high, or uncomfortable as it looks either. My hands go numb way before anything else is uncomfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post

The seat isn't as high, or uncomfortable as it looks either. My hands go numb way before anything else is uncomfortable.
              guess its time for those weighted bar ends... looks good man.
              "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
              2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                guess its time for those weighted bar ends... looks good man.
                I used to have busa bar ends, about 3-4 times heavier than kat ones, didn't help too much, but I might put 'em back on anyway.
                It's not the bars, its my hands. I have cyclists palsy from BMXing many years.
                I've been thinking about getting a bar snake.

Comment

• well i can say is do something about it, long period of exposure is very bad....

2006 turboed kat
                  2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                    well i can say is do something about it, long period of exposure is very bad....
                    Yeah, I know. This is what I've been thinking of getting, had to wait untill I got my new bars, as I can actually fit this in them now.

http://www.barsnake.com/

Comment

• Hands down its the best naked bike I've ever seen .Well done
                      I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

• Hate to say this but if your hands go numb, it's most likely a tuning issue with the motor. Especially with those bars it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I like the look too, BTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                          Hate to say this but if your hands go numb, it's most likely a tuning issue with the motor. Especially with those bars it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I like the look too, BTW.
                          forgot to even think of that.................... toss a wideband on it and see whats going on.

2006 turboed kat
                          2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Yeah, lean running engines vibrate like crazy... and if the a/f mix varies through out the rpm ranges, so will the vibrations.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Actually, I do have an A/F meter I will be putting on for final tuning.

But honestly, my hands will go numb if I mow the lawn with the push mower, and that takes me all of 5-10 min (very small yard).

Comment

• eh then i would suggest some type of weighted bar ends, and a very good padded glove, ill run my glove liners now that its getting colder out.. and it really just makes it more comfortable for the extra 5bucks..... barends+gloves for the 100bucks... or perm. damaging your hands forever?

2006 turboed kat
                                2004 marauder 800

Comment

Working...
                                X