My build - Uglier Betty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coolkat02 View Post
    I give you..... .......u done an awesome job
    Thanks! The best part of this bike is when I part it next to Harleys at a show or meet, people are just like.....What the h ell is that? It certainly gets attention everywhere it goes, which is funny when it sits next to a bike that costs 30x more to build.

I can't wait until its finished. Have to build my english wheel and planishing hammer first. (hint hint)

Comment

• Did you put in any resistors to keep your tail light from blowing the LEDs?
      -------------

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridioN View Post
        Did you put in any resistors to keep your tail light from blowing the LEDs?
        They are built in. It's an ebay R6 light IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
          They are built in. It's an ebay R6 light IIRC.
          Yea, I figured it was from an R6. I went with one for a ZX6-R and after about a day of usage the LED's started blowing.

You wouldn't happened to remember the seller you got it from off there? If it has built in resistors that'd be half the battle for me.
          -------------

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridioN View Post
            Yea, I figured it was from an R6. I went with one for a ZX6-R and after about a day of usage the LED's started blowing.

You wouldn't happened to remember the seller you got it from off there? If it has built in resistors that'd be half the battle for me.
            Ebay seller name was "hercolor"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMOKE...#ht_1979wt_941

Comment

Thanks! The best part of this bike is when I part it next to Harleys at a show or meet, people are just like.....What the h ell is that? It certainly gets attention everywhere it goes, which is funny when it sits next to a bike that costs 30x more to build.
              That phrase " BUILT NOT BOUGHT" comes to mind here. Theres just not much to look at when its stock. I must say, you have done an amazing job so far. The little suttle hints of copper really set this thing off. I like the original idea for the mini farings ( before the add ons ) Maybe I'm partial though as thats how I plan mine.

How do you like your exhaust?
              Did you ever pack it or is it still just baffled?
              I have a 4 into 1 header and yoshi slipon currently and it just doesn't work with how I picture my finished bike. Something like you did would work great.

Comment

• wait a second, do you have tape on your filters?
                "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                  That phrase " BUILT NOT BOUGHT" comes to mind here. Theres just not much to look at when its stock. I must say, you have done an amazing job so far. The little suttle hints of copper really set this thing off. I like the original idea for the mini farings ( before the add ons ) Maybe I'm partial though as thats how I plan mine.

How do you like your exhaust?
                  Did you ever pack it or is it still just baffled?
                  I have a 4 into 1 header and yoshi slipon currently and it just doesn't work with how I picture my finished bike. Something like you did would work great.
                  I did pack the bafflers. Once I did, it was noticeably quieter, but if you think any can you can buy is loud, this route is not for you. I honestly don't have any problems riding it.

---Yes, I do have tape on them. That was before it was jetted, and to try and choke it down to keep so much air out so it would run a little leaner. Just a "I just built it and I'll be damned if that will stop me" kinda solution.

Comment

• dude proper nice bike smae colours i got planed for mine but i got hemi orange hope it looks half as good as yours

Comment

• Originally posted by blueeyes View Post
                      dude proper nice bike smae colours i got planed for mine but i got hemi orange hope it looks half as good as yours
                      Thanks alot! Good luck with yours, send me a link when you get a thread going.

Comment

I did pack the bafflers. Once I did, it was noticeably quieter, but if you think any can you can buy is loud, this route is not for you. I honestly don't have any problems riding it.

---Yes, I do have tape on them. That was before it was jetted, and to try and choke it down to keep so much air out so it would run a little leaner. Just a "I just built it and I'll be damned if that will stop me" kinda solution.

you mean richer?
                        "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

Thanks alot! Good luck with yours, send me a link when you get a thread going.
                          here you go dude been going for awhile tryin to get it all done now time permitting any feedback would be great
                          Last edited by blueeyes; 09-21-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• oh, to have the garage, the time and the skillz to do that! Kudos man, she looks purdy!
                            Like to dive? www.ScubaHides.com
                            Drive a Wrangler? www.TakeEmOff.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloodsugar View Post
                              oh, to have the garage, the time and the skillz to do that! Kudos man, she looks purdy!
                              No garage, I work on it outside or in my basement.

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                              you mean richer?
                              Yeah, lol.
                              Last edited by venturesomerite; 09-28-2011, 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Well not too much to report, head light shorted out the other week, finally got some time to look. Turned out to be a crimp fitting that worked it's way out and shorted the bulb and fuse. Got them replaced, and the wire taken care of. The stock kat bulb happens to be the same as my new headlight so I had everything just laying around.

Been playing with jetting, and have successfully further restricted my air in and out on the bike, so she's running happier now.

Got everything buttoned up and of course it started pouring so I'm gonna try for a cruise tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X