No announcement yet.
X

Look what I bought :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm I don't think that is how the header fits on....

Comment

Originally posted by "K" View Post
      Is it any different than a Bandit 1200 engine?
      As far as I know the heads are different at least. Go after the GSXR for better high end, B12 for low end

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      Ummm I don't think that is how the header fits on....

Now thats why I couldn't get those last header bolts tight...
      Last edited by streebs93; 03-02-2010, 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That things a beast.......

:jealous:
        sigpic

Comment

I got me one o' them , too .

Originally posted by "K" View Post
          Is it any different than a Bandit 1200 engine?
          Yup . They share the same stroke , but the Bandit has a 1mm larger bore and different head/cams . The Bandit has more power down low , but signs off earlier . The GSXR has WAY more top end , though . Trade-off .
          Last edited by md86; 03-03-2010, 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
            Yup . They share the same stroke , but the Bandit has a 1mm larger bore and different head/cams . The Bandit has more power down low , but signs off earlier . The GSXR has WAY more top end , though . Trade-off .
            Guess it comes down to quicker acceleration or higher sustained top speed.. how long would you like to you keep your license while traveling at triple digit speed?

Comment

Comment

That's going to be sweet...and fast.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

And another cool part for KatZilla

48t From SuperSprox. This thing is sweet. Aluminum inner, with Steel teeth. Also got a new Gold chain and front sprocket as well. Chain and sprockets came from HS2020, and they all look awesome. So for any of you lookin for your new chain and sprockets definitely hit up HS, he hooks it up!

Comment

1216 is in!

Well, got the 1216 in last night. I'm still waiting on a crank trigger for my Dyna 2000 ignition, should be here tuesday. The all I have left is get my exhaust figured out...gonna have to add on to the header tubes so it clears the oil pan, get my carbs sorted out...and get spark plugs Should be riding it by next weekend

Bike torn apart with 1216 bolted in Sorry for the cell phone pic. Will get better ones when shes clean

Here's my new sprocket on the wheel....did I mention I am super stoked about this thing

Comment

long toes! oh wait, just noticed the nice sprocket! lol

i want a 1100 so bad!
                      97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                      94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by 4g vtec View Post
                        long toes! oh wait, just noticed the nice sprocket! lol

i want a 1100 so bad!

HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, long toes, I'm a tall skinny guy, 6'3", 140lbs LOL.

Comment

Nice! You're working fast. Can you show exactly what you have to do to get the exhaust to work when you get that far?

Comment

Yeah I will take pics for sure. Basically all that I have to do is cut the header tubes at a point where they are straight, add about a half inch of length to them and weld 'em back up. Shouldn't be too difficult. I can't wait to hear what this pig is gonna sound like

Comment

I just thought about what I wrote, what headers are you using?

Comment

The ones off my 600 motor. They are the same spacing and same inside diameter as the 1100 ones. If I use the 1100 ones, they stick out further from the motor, and wont let the oil cooler fit. So its either extend the header tubes of the 600 ones or dent the collector on it, and I'm not one for being half azzed about that kinda stuff, so I'm definitely not denting my exhaust lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X