X

Uglier Betty Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uglier Betty Build

So I only got to ride twice last year, because of alot of personal stuff, so I made myself the promise that I would fix my bike up this year so I could get out this summer. My bike's name is Ugly Betty, and since alot of people think fighters are hideous, this is my Uglier Betty thread.

Got the bike down to the basement (easier than I thought) and got it strung up for disassembly.

Original plan was to do a 1100 swap aswell, but In all honestly I'd rather spend the money on my Nova, whom needs a motor way more, so this is my Fighter Build.

This was her when I bought
    her.

This is her after some mods a year or two ago

- new tires, brakes, turn signals, fender chop and one off plate mount and signal mount, one off led plate light, solo cowl, tune up, grips, levers led gauge lights, 12v outlet, fog lights, brake lens tint, new bar ends ( uncrewed and fell off on high way) seat revocer with marine grade vinyl and That's all I can think of.

and this is her as of last night.

I don't do well with planning thing out exactly, I prefer to let things work out organically. With that idea, I am going to fighter it, but I don't know exactly what yet.

Only real plans are to do needed maintenance while it is apart.

Chain, Sprockets, adjust valves, fork oil, carb synch, pads and rotors all around, new brake lines, newer F+R master, Some kind of different headlight, custom gauge mount, and some kind of back half of the frame, well see how it pans out. Also going to utilize the stock exhaust system (do the ports) and have a true dual dump (with internal baffles for BP),

If anyone can suggest brands for the parts I am going to be replacing, it would be much appreciated. Everybody needs some help.

So hopefully I can spend more time here now that I am starting this project, I been spending all my time on the other forums I belong to and lurking here once in a while.

Brian

PS once I make some progress, mostly to the point where I can't turn back, items that will not be reused will be sold (THEY AR NOT FOR SALE NOW, this is just a heads up to keep on the look out)

Likely list of parts are to include - rear, upper and lower fairings, one extra right fairing bought to replace current one, but obviously not gonna use, front plastic piece under head light, solo cowl w/ pad (cover in black vinyl), stock back seat (covered the same), stock back grab bar, stock head light, stock tail light (slightly tinted - see pic), one off plate mount, and signal holder for rear, post 98 4 to 1 header, ( I never used, bought off a bike with like 1000 miles), after market turn signal mirrors, maybe more depending on what I do. Again, just a heads up, nothing for sale yet.
    Last edited by venturesomerite; 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM.

What's the "Theme" you have in mind, or do you?

The best builds generally work out because there is somekind of end picture or idea. I'm all for working things out "organicly" but... you gotta have some kind of goal for direction, or you end up going in circles alot.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

To be totally honest, I have no real plan. I'm kinda waiting to be inspired, ya know?
      Theme, Fighter, flat black on everything, except stock gloss black on the frame. Custom tail/light, use stock seat, Probably a 7" headlight, one off tins (in due time) Defiately gonna make a custom dual exhaust, rather than convert to single as I originally planned.

I'm still researching so far as brakes up grades, I'd like to upgrade the whole brake system to something newer, better while I'm at all this. (suggestions/ references welcome)

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
        To be totally honest, I have no real plan. I'm kinda waiting to be inspired, ya know?
        Theme, Fighter, flat black on everything, except stock gloss black on the frame. Custom tail/light, use stock seat, Probably a 7" headlight, one off tins (in due time) Defiately gonna make a custom dual exhaust, rather than convert to single as I originally planned.

I'm still researching so far as brakes up grades, I'd like to upgrade the whole brake system to something newer, better while I'm at all this. (suggestions/ references welcome)

Well, by theme that is what I was looking for. What it is that inspires you when you see another "fighter". In general, are we talking pretty hard core "mad max" type stuff, extreme angles for the seat and exhaust cans, spikes, metal parts showing, plastic replaced with diamond plate painted flat black, fork boots, etc...

Or are you looking at the old school fighter aproach, all performance, no flash or dazzle. If it doesn't make it faster, or better, it's gotta go?

Or... do you want to create something with flash, and style. Something unique that makes everyone else imediately recognize by sight or sound even, who's bike that is?

Once you get that out of the way, start looking around at other fighters. Pick out or match together some things that you like. Pretty soon, you end up with that plan I was talking about.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
          If I had the chance to do a fighter, first thing would be a USD front end swap...better suspension and a brake upgrade all wrapped up in one step...hardest part (aside from the purchase) is finding the correct bearings for the headset....and there are a few members here who have done some of that legwork already and could give a quick heads up as to what would be needed to make it fairly easy

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

USD front end swap?

Comment

Up Side Down (well, I think that's what it means not really sure)....think GSXR front end

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                you gotta have some kind of goal for direction, or you end up going in circles alot.
                that applies to life in general.sorry for the highjack.now back to ruining a perfectly good bike.:bunny2

Comment

Does this look familiar? My current ride/rocket on.jpg

txtx.jpg

bike back yard.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X