WOOO! The 11's elude me NO MORE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice show!
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61 View Post
      I took mine to the strip a few weeks ago just to see what she would do. I've been working up to this point for a while, and before I got any further with my build, I wanted a base set of numbers. Granted, I prolly should have got the base numbers before the mods I have done thus far, but oh well.

I'm not sure what's considered good for a Kat. It was a 1/8 mile track (there's no close 1/4 to me). First run scared the crap outta me because it actually hooked and wanted to go. So after I pulled the seat out of my butt and figured out which way was forward again, it turned into a 9.01. I know that's slow, but considering I spent almost 2 secs just sitting there trying to not pee myself...

Next couple runs were a lot better, since I knew what to expect. The best of which was a 7.49@90 something. Don't remember the MPH and accidently washed the slip in the laundry. I don't know if that's good or not, but it's a start. I know I can get a quicker time. It's coming out of the hole that's killing me. Still having just a little carb adjustment issue to work on, but no biggie.

Sorry to jack.... Congrats on the 11!!!
      Lol, don't worry about it....I like hearing of other Kats at the strip....since there ain't that many of us out there! Anyway, 7.49 is really good for a Kat. I ran 7.547 @ 91.72 in the 1/8th on my 11.89 pass. So you oughta be low 11.80's or so. What mods do you have done to your bike? I see you have yours stretched and lowered...how does it react on the launch?
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

thats awesome. I ported and polished my head and did the 750 cam swap with an ivans jet kit and a dump from the header. It ran pretty good too. I wish i would have taken it to the track.

Comment

7.49 is a quick 1/8th for a 600. With that 8" stretch you should certainly have no problems with it coming up on you! I'm sure the RS carbs make a difference, too.... awful nice set of carbies you've got there.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The carbs make a heck of a difference. But like I said, they will do better once I get the kinks worked out of them. I think I need to get it on a dyno with a sniffer and go from there. I've done all I can do with guesswork.

The 8" stretch makes it almost impossible for the front to come up, which is good. That's what I was aiming for. Still a little scary when you go to launch it. That thought is always in the back of your head ya know... I'm in the process now of getting the nitrous set up as well as finishing up the air shifter. I had started to install them a while back, but got sidetracked by sunny days and wanting to ride instead of working on it. I'm also going to look into either building a 771 or just buying a B12 to stuff in it before spring. Have to see how the funds go first.
            94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

Bumping this to the top, just because it was a cool thread, and guessing Jim will be hitting the track again sometime soon.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Thats impressive for a 600. My 91 750 did mid to high 12's with my friend riding it

Comment

:

Comment

Working...
                  X