X

Beowulf Warrior Exhaust on my 750 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beowulf Warrior Exhaust on my 750 Kat

This past fall I was lucky enough to find a 2006 Kat 750 in a crate with zero miles. But, like everyone else, I knew that undertail had to go along with that humongous can! But, the biggest issue I had was deciding what can to put on it, and to make it worse, finding a video that demonstrated the difference between the factory original and the aftermarket sound and volume level. My requirements were that I wanted a deeper tone, but didn't want it to be so loud that everyone near me was miserable. That ruled out some obvious cans. So after more than a month of looking online, reading this forum, and going to local gatherings to spy on who was using what, I was going to give up.

Then my husband found the Beowulf warrior. I had to order it from the UK, but since the website said it met UK noise ordinances, I thought this may be the one and after listening to some sound clips on youtube I decided to risk it. Boy am I not sorry that I bought it!

I decided to run the bike without the baffle, and did have to have the bike rejetted. But, that is not entirely due to the aftermarket can. When I bought the bike, it was jetted for sea level altitude, and bringing it to nearly 3000 ft made it run really lean anyway. So with the addition of the can, I had to have something done with it. At the same time it was rejetted, I had an ignition advance installed. And boy does she run well now.

Anyway, I finally did it. I figured out how to make one video to combine all my little video clips and get it onto youtube. I created a video showing the bike with the OEM can, and with the aftermarket can. Since the bike was still in the 600 mile break in period and since she was running so lean, my husband didn't really want to rev the rpms high when I was recording. But, at least there is now a comparison of what this can sounds like on a kat.

Hope it helps someone somewhere in the future.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx25OhlLcBE"]YouTube - 2006 Suzuki Katana 750 with Beowulf Warrior Exhaust[/ame]
    sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

wow, ive never heard of that exhaust but it is sweeeet! looks awesome and sounds great!!
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

sounds awsome whats the price tag

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
        sounds awsome whats the price tag
        The can and mid-pipe cost me £175.00, and shipping to the USA cost me £45.00. At the time, the conversion rate made the total cost of the exhaust be right around $330.00 which I figured was an ok price to pay for getting what I wanted in tone.

They can be found at http://beowulf-performance-products.com/ and it is the stainless steel silencer in the warrior shape.

(note: I do not work for them or own any part of their business or get anything in return for my testimonial.)
        sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

i love the shape of that can. Sounds great too
          Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Dang, sounds good!
            02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
            90 GSXR 750/1216
            96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
            87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
            sigpic

Comment

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice!
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I like the sound
                sigpic
                2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
                2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                X