No announcement yet.
X

ghostly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to adding to the thread jacking, but i too have always been fascinated about swords, but never had the time to learn much about them, or money to acquire any, but i did find this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbnc1KKQdHk"]YouTube - Japanese Swordsmith Ono Yoshimitsu[/ame]

also both those bikes look awesome, real flames are the only way to go, flame wise
    Last edited by 88kat60009; 08-09-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      I'd love to debate this forever, but by the average length of my post over the last year, you can see I've lost my affinity for it, if I ever had it. That's how I transformed from 'post hijacker' to 'post ho'.

I think we're on the same wave-length. I think the need for brevity and simplification has driven this confusion. Nice to meet another man who enjoys fine blades. Peace!

Sorry for the hijack.
      That's cool, and I agree... not really the forum for it anyways.

Originally posted by 2006Red750NJ View Post
      Nice paint job. Not a fan of flames, but these are done very well.

On a side note, what do you do with a sword collection?

My friend was a marine embassy guard in south america. He had a suit of armor and a sword. They used to have sword fights on the top of the embassy. Do you guys use these things or just look at em?
      I study the history, creation, function, and use of non-gunpowder weapons of war. Part of that study includes acquiring extreamly accurate historical replicas to use for testing, abuse, Use( such as cutting various targets for the blades), and overall martial forms.

Also it includes study of historical weapons, and trying to understand them better through their context in history.

Some of my collection sits on the wall, some of them are pulled out and used and abused in cutting practices, and intentional abuse for study reasons.
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Very nice flames.

Comment

Working...
        X