X

Suzi is getting a makeover...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzi is getting a makeover...

Suzi is the name of my beloved 93' Suzuki GSX 600F, instead of posting in the introduction thread i chose to start a new thread with the progress on my bike.

So far i have fitted:

* K&N Filter
    * A smoked windscreen
    * Ferodo brakes

And today i have fitted Vance & Hines exhaust.

Unfortunately three of the bolts to the manifold broke so now i have to replace them aswell. Old Murphy is always out.

Future plans for this bike is:
    * Solo cowl
    * Remove decals
    * Jag mirrors
    Last edited by S.L; 06-17-2009, 09:06 AM.
    www.slauk.deviantart.com

now do your self a favour and get rid of the k&n filter and put the stock back on

and get a jet kit those are fun

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
      now do your self a favour and get rid of the k&n filter and put the stock back on

+1

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post

Why is the stock better than the K&N?
        www.slauk.deviantart.com

Comment

K&N allows to much air flow...more then that kat motor needs...caused dead spots in in accellerration....takes alot of time money and skill to get it adjusted to work properly....stock filter is good to go....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Lol creative name. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
              K&N allows to much air flow...more then that kat motor needs...caused dead spots in in accellerration....takes alot of time money and skill to get it adjusted to work properly....stock filter is good to go....
              My question is (not meaning to jack your thread) does that apply to the 1100s as well ?
              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                Thanks. Think i'll have to put the stock back on then

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                Lol creative name. Good luck.
                Thanks
                www.slauk.deviantart.com

Comment

Just ordered a gloss black fairing bolt kit and black rim stripes, think this is going to look very nice on the bike.

www.slauk.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by S.L View Post
                    Just ordered a gloss black fairing bolt kit and black rim stripes, think this is going to look very nice on the bike.

OMG where did you order those?
                    2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
                    Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

Originally posted by seriss_cweald View Post
                      OMG where did you order those?
                      Got them on ebay bikefairingbolts
                      www.slauk.deviantart.com

Comment

Im a Yoshi person my self but keep the mods coming

Comment

Wow! It's been over a year since my last post in this thread..and i'm sorry to say that nothing mutch has been done with the bike. Mostly because i haven't had mutch time to ride until now and on top of that i had some problems with it. I managed to break a couple bolts when fitting the V&H exhaust, and it has started to be a little unstable during idle.

But what i have done is that i have removed all the decals and the rear fender.

What i would like to do with it now is to fit a hugger from bandit, know of any?, replace the front indicators and remove the center stand.

On the positive side i have experienced that you can get your knee down on the kat

www.slauk.deviantart.com

Comment

very sweet!

Comment

After driving the Kat for four years i decided to sell my Kat in February. It was my first bike and it will always have a special place for me, but i wanted to try something else. So it turned out that the Kat had a supermodel of a sister... say helo to smurfette

I've decided to give her a little make up aswell, so i'll be expecting blue rim tape and blue short levers in a couple of days
                              www.slauk.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                              X