No announcement yet.
X

The Formal Introduction of Bruce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys (and girl ) The person that is likely the happiest that it is done is my wife. Now I am actually in the house in the evenings and the bike isn't the only thing I talk about.

Windscreen: If you search for "threads started by" and Joe Dahero you will find the instructions. The screen I used was a Lockhart Phillips. Got it from parts411 for ~$40. Dark smoke and nice shape. If you do a lot of highway riding it may be a little too much wind, but overall I still like it better. Yes a few more bugs will hit you, but the extra wind helps hold up your upper body.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

looks great!! good job.

Comment

I like the name. Huge changes, good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
          The person that is likely the happiest that it is done is my wife. Now I am actually in the house in the evenings and the bike isn't the only thing I talk about.
          Hahaha, deja vu !

Very nice bike, WOW.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

i love it looks amazing!!!

Comment

Great job there, cherrif!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Having seen that bike in person- I'll tell you all it's CRAZY clean. That should be a KoTM just based on the meticulousness. Not to mention he fabb'ed those sliders and bar ends. It's a purdee, purdee bike.

But Cheriff, where the F did you find an empty parking lot in State College?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                  But Cheriff, where the F did you find an empty parking lot in State College?

I went to the lot between Beaver Stadium and the Bryce Jordan Center a little before 8 am. There was one car in the entire lot. In one of the pictures I didn't post it looks like I was at Disney World just after sunrise with the amount of open spots visible. Not sure if you have seen the bronze JoePa statue or not, but I missed an opportunity to drive up the sidewalk and park right beside him. That would have made a nice pic. Maybe another weekend .
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

Hehehe....Beaver.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Beaver Stadium is located in Happy Valley.. go figure....
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Well done!
                        Power is nothing without control.

Comment

where can I get those pegs that stick out the sides to keep to take most of the brunt of a low side drop?

Comment

Originally posted by theSarge View Post
                            where can I get those pegs that stick out the sides to keep to take most of the brunt of a low side drop?
                            There are two sources here on KR to get the frame sliders. One is SCR Motorcycles and the other is Burley Accessories. You can access both of them in the KatRiders Vendor Marketplace. I purchased just the brackets that mount to the frame from SCR and machined my own slider pieces.

The center stainless piece on my sliders is removable. This hides the bolt that mounts the slider to the bracket and allows serves as a piece I plan to get laser engraved sometime this summer. I will most likely get a "750" engraved on each side. Laser engraving on stainless steel will look very similar to what craftsmen has been doing with their sockets recently.
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

if it was pink,red,orange or yellow you could call it austin powers lol

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
                                if it was pink,red,orange or yellow you could call it austin powers lol
                                Well...isn't that true of anything painted those colors?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                                X