No announcement yet.
X

My Ugly, Dirty Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got an on 01 and mine came with them on the tank as well. i love the wheels painted black. mine are the stock gray. i want to do mine either white or black. can't make up my mind. when i get finished my bike is going to be blue with black flames. so can't decide do i want my rims black or white. if i do black, the chain lube won't show up much at all and if i do white, it will stand out bad.
    R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Nice color, Good luck with the new project.
      Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I bought an 03 and it had Michelin Macadam's on it stock...

Comment

never seen a newer style teapot undressed - theyre much the same as the pre 96 - has anyone ever put the newer style fairings on an older pot?
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

"Much the same" , but different enough that the post fairings take a good bit of work to fit on a pre . Braadajim had some sort of pre/post mix thing goin on where he'd changed the fairings to make a mix . He said getting the post on there would take a deal of work . He knows/knew his **** .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by t.c.mitchell View Post
              i've got an on 01 and mine came with them on the tank as well. i love the wheels painted black. mine are the stock gray. i want to do mine either white or black. can't make up my mind. when i get finished my bike is going to be blue with black flames. so can't decide do i want my rims black or white. if i do black, the chain lube won't show up much at all and if i do white, it will stand out bad.
              I decided I am going to do a combo Silver/black and White. I am going to repaint the body the same/ish stock silver and then throw on some black and white decals and i ordered all white fasteners. Ill post up some pics when I am done this will be a few weeks.

I rode it about 150 miles yesterday its running really good. I'll finish the lower fairing when all the new fasteners get here next week and then Ill also give it a final cleaning and use the buffer on it. I'll post some post assembly pics as well.

Comment

Since yours is a 750 it came stock with Dunlop tires, the 600 has the Michelin tires. I get roughly 8-9k on a rear and about 10k on a front- I ride on Metzler Z6's. And I've went through a lot of tires.....49,6++ wil do that. I haven't washed it in over a year-(other than riding in the rain), but I do the maintenece---I ride too much to keep it clean.
                I think you have a fine looking ride and found one hell of a deal!!! I bought mine new in 05 and will NOT buy another new bike...just because of depriciation (and I have ridden my bike hard-and it stands the test).

Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Good job on your bike! Keep us updated on the upcoming paint.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

More than 1 month since I started and I havent done crap but ride it. Put about 1200 miles on this month, its getting really hot in phoenix and the riding season kinda goes into hiatus. In the midwest u put your bike up for the winter; in Phoenix your summer miles decrease greatly. I have been waiting on a lamp cover for the front right turn signal and I ordered replacement decals for the bike tonight. I still havent even mounted the lower fairing.

Next post after this I will have the completed bike. I am going to do the mesh mod, whole new bolt kit (white, been lazy on this) and new decals and tint the windscreen. 43 miles a gallon last tank and Im not riding too gently! It looks ok from a distance.

Comment

Even with the missing fairing it still looks sharp...

Glad you're enjoying it... Sucks about the Arizona summers though...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                      X