No announcement yet.
X

My Latest Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow i like what ur doing with the bike. I really like the rims. Nice work.
    91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
    92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
    89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
    89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

Awsome....
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Looks great!! I never get disappointed when I check up on this thread
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I can't wait to see it all together. Other than in my head, I have only seen a couple pieces together at a time. I think it will be in service in another 2-3 weeks. Didn't think it was going to take until mid May but there will still be 7 months of ride time.

The look I am going for is clean & classy with just a hint of bling.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Wow looks great! Do you have any finger tips left after sanding all that cast !
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

howd you paint those rims?

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                Wow looks great! Do you have any finger tips left after sanding all that cast !
                So far that was the worst part. Last saturday I had to say, "that's it. I'm done. Could it look better? Yes. Can I make myself do this any longer, no"

After getting the rims to an appropriate polish level (meaning no more sandpaper), I went over the spokes of the rim with a very aggressive scotch brite pad. That was to try and get rid of any paint that may have had overspray paint stripper on it. Then I went over it with 320 grit sandpaper. Next I cleaned it several times with denatured alcohol - using q tips in hard to reach places. Then I had to tap it off. I found electrical tape to be very useful in the areas where the spokes meet the rim. Its ability to be laid in curves is what made it possible. I then used paper to cover the rest of the rim.

Two light coats of color, then one medium followed by one light clear and one medium clear. I figure if/when it chips off too bad I will get them powder coated or chromed. Can't justify spending any more cash after all of my purchases since november.
                Last edited by Cheriff; 04-27-2009, 10:24 PM.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Today I got my first glimpse of my vision coming together. I don't know what you guys think, but when I look at these pictures I find my self getting a slow roaster (sorry for the visual).

There is my seat in the background making yet another appearence.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

Now the back wheel is finished. I painted the sprocket hub to match the wheel as well as clean the sprocket and sprocket nuts.

-2000 "750"

Comment

nice!

Comment

You're making me feel all bad and stuff about mine now
                        94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

Fantastic work! Im luvin those Wheels !!! All n all how much time you think you got into them? I cant wait to see the big picture!! Keep it up!
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Very nice work...I can't wait to see it after paint and assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                              Fantastic work! Im luvin those Wheels !!! All n all how much time you think you got into them? I cant wait to see the big picture!! Keep it up!

It felt like forever. My guess would be ~10-12 hours per wheel split into short time segments. Say 1 hour tonight, 30 min the next... Maybe 4 hours on saturday. I found a wire wheel on a drill to be useful, and about 4-5 steel dremel wheels to be a must. Those helped tremendously in getting in the tight spots where the spokes meet the rims. After the stripping was finished the painting part was almost fun. The time I listed above includes the time to mask/tape up the wheel carefully as well as spray the color and clear.
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

That looks amazing keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X