X

My Latest Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
    Logged back in and checked out some threads for the first time in quite a bit. Haven't really made much progress over winter. Getting that itch to get in the garage consistently again. And hopefully get this thing done.

Only notable thing I can think of is a switch to 600 oil cooler was necessary for clearing the headers. Found a straight good one for $28 shipped. Oh, and I am adding a gsxfjim gear indicator.
    No fair, I want one of those gear indicators -_-
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

• Hey Cheriff...you actually gonna ride that smoke wagon this year?? Cause, I'm out of here at the end of summer. So...hurry up with your crap'ola, and ride, dammit.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

• Thanks for putting this package together GSXFJim.. Some pics of the install in progress:

Still have some trimming & fitting to do. And need to figure out how to deal with putting an opening in the black trim plate that snaps in place over the lights. Its 12 year old plastic that feels like it will be brittle...
        -2000 "750"

Comment

• Just drill as small a hole as you can or drill a pilot hole first and just go nice and easy

Comment

• Heat up the drill bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by T McCall View Post
              Heat up the drill bit.
              That was my other recommendation but you can mess that up pretty easy just by heating the drill bit to much

Comment

• wow, what an awesome thread. Love the halos man, they look really really nice! Where did you get those Halo's at? Looking to get that done to my bike as well. Also can't wait to see the finishing touches on the gear indicator!!!

Keep up the good work!
                Last edited by DaneG320U545; 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM. Reason: whoops, edited wrong post of mine
                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Got the halos/hid kit from eBay. I have a wiring thread here somewhere that lists where u can pick up the various components.

For the window cut out attempt, think I am going make a aluminum or stainless guide cut to the size I want. Clamp that to a piece of plastic on the back side... Use a Dremel and follow the ID of the opening in the metal piece. Should get the size shape about as perfect as possible without putting this piece in the mill itself.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

• kinda new to the forums so I'm not sure if there is a way to search certain keywords for threads you've posted in under that account. Is that possible? If not, could ya possibly supply a link? That would be great! if not...I'll grab the shovel and start digging

EDIT: nevermind. I was able to find it

if anybody else is interested in HID wiring thread by Cheriff: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118222
                    Last edited by DaneG320U545; 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM. Reason: found the correct post to edit
                    - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Can't search to well now (from phone), but search for threads under advanced started by me. Should be on first page (maybe two).
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

• Some updates:

Fixture for cutting out opening

Indicator set into place with 5 min epoxy. Also can see where I chose to run the wire out.

Dabbed some black touch-up paint around the light so you won't be able to see whats going on back there as much in case the cutout isn't perfectly placed.

Cutout after initial cutting. After this I sanded the edges and the entire front face. Then put some satin black paint over it to cover up any scratches I might have added in the process.

First look at it assembled a little

A look at the back side. Had to use the dremel to open up a thru-hole so the connector could fit through. If you do this, do it while looking at the back so you can be careful not to damage a trace.

Added a hole to pass the connector through black bezel. (One on the white piece that sits behind the dash as well).

All assembled and finished..
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

• You gonna get your guage faces redone since they say 750 on them now?...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Damn you.. I noticed that as I was working on it... Would love to get some different ones made.. I was trying to think of some way to make a cover up or something.. but that part lights up too. Probably look a little tacky to put some sticker over it. I can imagine getting something custom would be a little pricey. But yes, that little detail makes me nuts. lol
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

• Your indicator looks good, Tom...as usual. I'd leave the gauge faces, and the 750 badges on it. Mess with folks, who can't figure out how in the hell you just outran them, on thier GixYamaHonda whatever it may be.
                              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                              Semper Fi

Comment

• Cheriff.. like everything else you have done, that loks awesome... nice work.

One question, what triggers the gear change? how is the signal generated to the indicator? I like the indicator because I am always looking for six gear..lol
                                "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Working...
                                X