No announcement yet.
X

My Latest Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I thought I would continue with this thread so I have everything in one place.

Just purchased:

Those are 08-09 hayabusa forks. The package includes the forks, upper/lower triples, axle, radial calipers, and OEM brake lines. Still need a wheel, rotors, couple bearings, and a fender. Most likely won't be until winter that I accumulate the rest of the parts. Also in the fire is a widened swingarm from Kreylyn. Come spring time I hope to be rolling on the busa front end and a 6" 190 rear. You might ask "why" do this to a Kat... Well I do plan on installing a bandit 1200 (or other similar upgrade) in the future and want to get the traction and stopping parts taken care of first before I make it a beast. I'll update with pics as I acquire the missing pieces.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

• You're one sick individual. Don't be afraid to send your swing arm my way.
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Another pic. yum....
        -2000 "750"

Comment

• You know when you get a paper cut on your finger, then decide to squeeze a lemon with the same hand...Kind of the same thing here dude, you can stop at any time.
          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• those gold and black forks are gonna look killer against that blue paint...please tell me you are keeping the blue paint....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

• That's gonna be great...You guys should see how that bike looks up close, pics just do it no justice at all.

Mike- I think Stab may have a spare 98+ swinger. I'll ask him about it if you want.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Free is SO right! That bike is UNREAL! It's hard to imagine how it could possibly look better.

Yeah, see if he still has it and how much he'd want for it. I'm hoping on swapping out mine by next year, throw a larger wheel/tire combo on it.
                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy View Post
                  those gold and black forks are gonna look killer against that blue paint...please tell me you are keeping the blue paint....

Blue paint is staying, no question there...

For the wheels there is option #1:

These are nice because well, they wouldn't require any additional work. I'm also afraid these will clash with the carbon fiber accessories.

What I am most likely going to do is repeat what I did last year to the 08-09 busa wheels:

I think leaving the wheels gold will be a bit too much gold IMO.

So either way the current wheels will be for sale this winter
                  Last edited by Cheriff; 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

• Can someone ban this guy for harassment? He just won't stop rubbing it in!!!

Yeah, remember me when selling the wheels. I'm interested in 'em.
                    sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                      You know when you get a paper cut on your finger, then decide to squeeze a lemon with the same hand...Kind of the same thing here dude, you can stop at any time.

You actually sound a lot like my wife there.... except with kinder words
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                        You actually sound a lot like my wife there.... except with kinder words
                        Well, I am a nice guy. Wish I could say the same about you...With yer new forks and 1200 engine and fancy frame sliders and bar ends and...and...and...
                        sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• you know cheriff... i cant help but be green with envy ( you know when you see someone with something you want, and autimatically think "i hate that guy", haha) ... but in all honesty looks like its turning out to be a killer project bro... keep up the good work...

a side question... how much did the busa front end run you?

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                          "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

• If you don't do the gold Hayabusa wheels- you're going to have gold forks, and a gold chain, and that's it. I guess there's some balance there- but I think it'll look better with the gold wheels too. However- I'm not on the "silver jewelry and wristwatches are cool" bandwagon either, sooo.

'Course I guess you can paint the forks.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Yeah.. I can't really picture what wheel color will look best right now. Right now the only gold is the "F" in the GSXF badge, the chain, and center if front rotors. Probably just have to pick up the gold wheels and see how it fits in with blue and CF pieces.

Airforce, you are only having those thoughts because of what happened last week. You'll get yours back in shape ang giving me some ideas soon enough. That front end I scored on eBay was $450. Good deal I think based on 08-09 fork prices and considering it comes with quite a few other pieces.

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                              If you don't do the gold Hayabusa wheels- you're going to have gold forks, and a gold chain, and that's it. I guess there's some balance there- but I think it'll look better with the gold wheels too. However- I'm not on the "silver jewelry and wristwatches are cool" bandwagon either, sooo.

'Course I guess you can paint the forks.

I have a stainless steel wedding band and silver watch.. Lol
                              Last edited by Cheriff; 06-05-2010, 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                                I have a stainless steel wedding band and silver watch.. Lol
                                I mean, er...um...silver is...um....right. See you tomorrow.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                                X