Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Photos of todays work on the FrankenKat (not 56k friendly)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter
    I think it definatly qualifies for KOTM...
    Great work Waltari... I know it has been a long trip..
    The thing that strikes me is all the empty space
    around the swing arm pivot.. I looks like the parts are hanging in air...

Graphics are fantastic too.. very understated yet striking!
    Thanks for the props...hopefully someone might remember me when next months nominatikons come around

I think part of the empty space feeling comes from the current lack of a midpipe. I'm picking up some 2-1/4" stainless tube tomorrow to finish it up. I'm glad the graphics turned out well...I went back and forth on what to put where, size, color, etc and subtle seemd to fit better. It's a good feeling to finally have it done!

Comment

I don't think its the mid pipe..
      I think it's the sick subframe!!!
      (plus no hugger..)

Comment

Awesome Dude!
        FrankenKat rocks!
        Almost wants me to go from post98 to pre98!

Just remember to post those pics after you've mounted that midpiece!
        Armour up or die! Sweat washes off, roadrash don't!

Comment

A W E S O M E Job Matthew!

Comment

FRANKENKAT ROCKS!! Is a major understatement, this bike is a symbol of what one person with talent can do to make his bike his own. Waltari, you didn't put your signature on your bike, you autographed it. I have always liked seeing what was next for frankenkat and now seeing it like this really kicks arse!!!!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

could you do a write up of all the work you did,like what parts you used and what you did to improve it?
              Masshole in Az! -teaches pet-

Comment

Originally posted by maximus
                Awesome Dude!
                FrankenKat rocks!
                Almost wants me to go from post98 to pre98!

Just remember to post those pics after you've mounted that midpiece!
                Hay! Alyooopa!

Comment

Originally posted by jfr
                  could you do a write up of all the work you did,like what parts you used and what you did to improve it?
                  he has some stuff in body shop or rolling stock I think. by the way I just heard it is like 112- 114 degrees out there right now. I don't miss that at all.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                    Originally posted by jfr
                    he has some stuff in body shop or rolling stock I think. by the way I just heard it is like 112- 114 degrees out there right now. I don't miss that at all.
                    I'll try and sit down and do a complete writeup that covers everything once I have the midpipe back.

As for the 112-114 degrees...I wish it was that cool at work! Yesterday in the Art foundry, we were melting bronze to do a pour and it was ssooooooo hot we popped off a sprinkler head!!! I just about sh$t my pants as water and 2200 degree bronze don't really mix that well (violent reactions that would shoot the molten bronze everywhere.

Managed to get the system shut down and get everything mopped up enough to be able to pour since we were like 15 minutes away from our pour time when it happened. When the sprinkler tech came out to replace the head, him informed me it had to have been 170-190 degree in the top part of our building for that head to pop...talk about hot!!

Comment

wow. amazing. who wouldn't love that Kat of yours. ^^

Comment

That Kicks ASS!!! I imagine you turn a lot of heads rollin on that beast! I wonder when they'll start airing custom sport bike shows. This chopper fad is gettin old.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

sweet ride. congrats

Comment

holy fuckin shit man!!!! how the hell did you do that!!!!
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            Lean in Lean out.
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                            2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                            2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                            2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stunning!

Amazing! I love it! Excellent work! I also would love to see a writeup of how you did your mods, what you used, etc.

Throw some frame sliders on that baby to protect those custom fairings!

Comment

Cowabunga!!! You should be very proud of yourself. AWESOME!!!!
                                You're not old until you're dead - and when you're dead, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X