X

modded my levers!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by workinonit View Post
    those look pretty sick, i think i might have to take my levers off and start cuttin
    They were done out of nessesity, as the when the bike got those scratches you see across the decals, the ball also got snapped off . too cheap to buy new ones at the time. I've got a spare set about 2 feet from where i'm sitting right now. I like the shorties WAY better. Only bought the spares to have for trackdays if the tech guys gave me a hard time about them.

Comment

Certainly do look custom that way. Might do it myself.
      Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

They do look good, though!!
        ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

added to my to do list...

Comment

I like shortys...long one crush the rest of my fingers...well at least the clutch...i 2 finger the clutch and full the brake...i cut 1 off...but its your bike

Im getting Pazzo levers when i get the money
            Last edited by chandler213; 03-11-2009, 08:24 AM.
            I want a Busa...

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

(In Indiana for now)

Comment

cut the balls and put the levers in a vice and give it a curve. thats what i did on my stunter.

Comment

Always changed out to non-ball levers on dirt bikes but would never consider doing so on a street bike. They are intended to keep your fingers from slipping off the end. If you've ever been caught in a downpour of rain, they get mighty slick.

If anything, maybe the clutch, but don't do it to the brake. Although 2 fingering the brake seems appealing, I don't want to think about what would happen if those 2 fingers slipped off when trying to stop. Especially a quick emergency stop in traffic!!!
                It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                  Always changed out to non-ball levers on dirt bikes but would never consider doing so on a street bike. They are intended to keep your fingers from slipping off the end. If you've ever been caught in a downpour of rain, they get mighty slick.

If anything, maybe the clutch, but don't do it to the brake. Although 2 fingering the brake seems appealing, I don't want to think about what would happen if those 2 fingers slipped off when trying to stop. Especially a quick emergency stop in traffic!!!
                  I don't know about the rest of you but if i need to e-brake i am using all four fingers and holding on to the bar with my thumb.

Comment

I'm not letting anybody cut off my balls or shorten my lever!

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                      I'm not letting anybody cut off my balls or shorten my lever!

- The weather out in Mexico must be messing with you man! LOL!!! Too Funny....
                      Godspeed
                      CSBA #1167
                      Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                        I don't know about the rest of you but if i need to e-brake i am using all four fingers and holding on to the bar with my thumb.
                        :dunno I can grab enough brake with 2 fingers to get to threshold or lock-up . HH pads are neat-o . Good fluid helps , as do SS lines . But with good pads & fluid , 2-finger threshold braking SHOULD be easy . If it ain't , you ain't doin something right (wuss , or lever not adjusted right ) .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          :dunno I can grab enough brake with 2 fingers to get to threshold or lock-up . HH pads are neat-o . Good fluid helps , as do SS lines . But with good pads & fluid , 2-finger threshold braking SHOULD be easy . If it ain't , you ain't doin something right (wuss , or lever not adjusted right ) .
                          I can always get them to the threshold with two fingers & my unshortened lever HH pads are the greatest!
                          Currently Riding:
                          1995 Katana 600
                          V&H Exhaust
                          Jet Kit

SOLD
                          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                          1987 XV700 Bobber
                          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

i voted no but really indifferent..why dont you jsut get black levers ? I think they look better anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X