No announcement yet.
X

Pictures of my Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question... what is the decal under the Katana emblem? My 99 does not have this decal and i think i've seen it on some other bikes. Does is say Electronic Fuel Injection? If so... (obviously i don't know much about the mechanics of motorcycles yet) is this on all of the 98+ bikes? I was under the impression bikes were either carborated or fuel injected... and that all Katanas are carborated. Thanks.
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Very nice, you're among some of the best owning a red Kat (the others are yellow!!)
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Stupid Question

I have a question.

Shovel Chop?

Please elaborate.
        "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

shovel chop = your rear fender off. u know..that big hunk of plastic thats holding your license plate and your huge turn signals on

we call it a shovel because well, by the size of it it might as well be one
          Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
            Very nice, you're among some of the best owning a red Kat (the others are yellow!!)
            thats right on!
            Hello World.

Comment

Under the Katana logo, it says DOHC 16-VALVE. Katanas use carbeurators, not fuel injection. Your bike should have the same set up, dual overhead camshaft, and 16 valves (2 intake, 2 exhaust per carb). If you want to know more about what these mean, I believe howstuffworks.com has some good information. You can read about cars or motorcycels, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Comment

Duff: I eventually want to take a ride up. Maybe I'll come with lets burn bridges once he gets his bike. I'm just really busy. I post on here while I'm at work, which is practically all the time.

Comment

Sorry man, i wasn't able to see the pictures. =(
                  Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Ah, we find the thread a few weeks late, and all the cool bike p0rn is gone.. no fair..
                    --
                    Sagan

Comment

Working...
                    X