X

My bike...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike...

Thought I would share... here are some general pics of the bikes.

This one is mine, 93 750...

Originally blue, due to a nice cow knocking over the bike the main fairings ended up black at one point. That is the reason for the black triangle on the front of the sides. Current paint job is in part a basement rattle can job. Didn't work out well because I made the mistake of mixing paint and clear brands. Bad idea.

Full paint job coming this winter. Have a second set of plastics I'm sanding down now for the pro job. Probably gonna go with a vibrant blue. I like blue...

Also looking at new wheels/tires (in the mail). New rear rim is a 6".
    Modded 600 swingarm to acomodate rim.
    600 tail section modded to bolt on and have an adjustable angle with quick remove cowl setup (wife demanded she can still ride with me once in a while).
    Shape modification on front fender.
    Rebuild of fuel petcock, brakes, new break lines in stainless, and thinking of switching out the handlebar controls.

After finding this site, alot of other ideas have started to get added to the list.

This one is the wifies... 1990 Ninja 250.

Mostly finished restoring hers. Started out with something that barely ran, seat shredded, nothing electrical working hardly, and the plastic held together with aluminum street signs and sheet metal screws... Seriously. I'm amazed how many people will work hard not to fix something right. She wanted mostly stock look. Still looking to get a set of pipes for hers. She's likeing the 05-07 chrome ones but she is waiting for a good deal.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Nice!!!
    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Good looking bikes. We also have a 250 in the stable.It's an 89 with 2386 miles on it. My wife has 2 of her own bikes and still wants to ride that one. I may have to put it on the road this next year.

You said:
      Also looking at new wheels/tires (in the mail). New rear rim is a 6".
      Modded 600 swingarm to acomodate rim.
      That's alot of rim.I'd be curious to hear what you've done to mod the swinger to accept it. Not flaming or bashing, just asking...

Comment

nice rides!
        sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
        k9 GSX-R 600
        GO VOLS!

Comment

Nice looking bikes
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

That's alot of rim.I'd be curious to hear what you've done to mod the swinger to accept it. Not flaming or bashing, just asking...
            No worries. I'm planning on posting a full pictorial of the process when I do it. I'm waiting on the wheels to arrive still. This is them...

Rear... If you couldn't tell by the obvious sprocket...

And the front.

Rims came with brand new set of Confi-Force tires, and I was able to pick up the set for less than just a new set of the tires (which I needed badly anyways.)

The plan with the modification for the swingarm is pretty straight forward at the moment. After considering using another bike arm (actually have an 04 GSXR swingarm sitting in my basement I decided not to use) and looking at all of the modifications I would have to do to linkage, shims, spacers, inserts, so on to even get something that would remotely work, I decided to go the easier route.

The 600 swingarm is about 1.5 inches shorter than the 750 I believe from information I've read here. So, I'll be doing a simple cut and extension of the swingarm, only not at the straight, but in the curvature of it. This should add only slightly to the length overall still keeping it shorter than the stock 750, but giving aproximately an inch additional width or so as needed for the new rim. I may also relocate the brake arm attatchment to ensure no clearance issues as well if needed. Add in sub frame mods to hide the support brace for the tail, change the tail to the 600, and I'm working on an idea for fold up rear sets for a real clean look in the "sport" mode.

I'm still waiting on the rim to arrive to do actual sizing and verification of the differences in length I'm looking at. I have a full 600 parts bike I can do alot of the basic mock ups on to see before I tear down the 750. Also, after looking around for some of the swingarms for the rf900 or bandit 1200, I think doing the mods on a kat arm is alot more economical. Can easily get a replacement cheap if I screw one up, as well as use one for additional stock materials.

I have read the responses for those who pop on just to ask about getting a bigger tire. I know bigger wheel means slight decrease in performance sport wise. I think the shorter wheel base in the end will off set that a little, but reallly I don't ride it that way anymore anyways, so it will have very little effect on me. I stick to the speed limit, and don't hit the track. To many friends hurt bad or worse from horsing around on the road. I just like the look. Sometimes you just gotta do it for the looks.

Now, where can i find me a nice 3 foot spoiler for the back?...

:mrgreen:

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

cant wait to see the mods you do .. good luck with the build
              so many roads so little time

Comment

Nice Bikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  plastic held together with aluminum street signs and sheet metal screws
                  WTF!! anyone with a brain would have used rivit's!

Comment

Looks good.
                    sigpic
                    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Woot, new wheels arrived today. Look great! Nice rubber, paint mostly good on rims, overall very very nice.

Semi bad... The guy appearantly didn't actually check the rim when asked what specific size it was. So turns out it's not a 6" rim like he said it was, instead it's the 5.5". Oh well, very slight disappointment, but nothing to get mad over...

Still going on the bike.

Still going to look sweet (to me anyways).
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

nice rides !

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          Woot, new wheels arrived today. Look great! Nice rubber, paint mostly good on rims, overall very very nice.

Semi bad... The guy appearantly didn't actually check the rim when asked what specific size it was. So turns out it's not a 6" rim like he said it was, instead it's the 5.5". Oh well, very slight disappointment, but nothing to get mad over...

Still going on the bike.

Still going to look sweet (to me anyways).
                          Even a 5.5" is more than is needed.

Comment

Good lookin bikes, and I can't wait to see the finished product
                            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Even a 5.5" is more than is needed.
                              Yeah, but if your going to "go over the top" ya gotta do it right ya know

Good lookin bikes, and I can't wait to see the finished product
                              Oh, me too...
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X