X

My new Project 91 Katana GSX600F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Project 91 Katana GSX600F

Just picked up my winter project bike. Decided after 15 years with no bike I wanted another one. I had a bad accident when I was 20 with a F-150. Truck came into my lane and turned in front of me. The collision shattered my left ankle, fractured my spine and lower back.

You could say it took me some time to talk myself into another bike but here it is.... I'm still gathering parts together to make it my own, but so far I'm missing another left side front fairing and I can get the body started.

Bike has a stage 3 jet kit, K&N air filter, and Carbon Yosh exaust. I paid $700.00 for the bike as it sits with fresh fork seals and oil, new tires, new brake pads, new O-Ring chain, new rear sprocket and it runs like a top!

Added new Carbon looking levers for $14.00 off Ebay and they look great over the old levers!

Last edited by ctrailfreak; 11-30-2008, 11:32 AM.
    Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

interesting hack job done to the main fairings and chain gaurd ... looks like a nice bike though .. wear the gear and be safe out there
    so many roads so little time

Comment

Yes... I thought so myself! I got a right side fairing in perfect shape for $41.00 and I'm trying to get the left now. I'm sure they broke the fairings and decided not to buy new ones and just hacked them. It looks kind of like a naked bike now, but I want to replace the fairings and I'm buying new vinyl tomorrow and recovering the stock seats this week.

The cam chain is a little noisy, so I ordered a new cam chain tensioner for it last week and if that doesn't fix the problem, I'll just put in a new cam chain too. All in all, I got a good buy on this bike I think and it's not a basket case that's going to cost me tons more than it's worth to get it where I want it.

Comment

i am loving the cowl..... i bet is hand made....
        97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
        94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by 4g vtec View Post
          i am loving the cowl..... i bet is hand made....
          It looks like it when you pull it out. It is fiberglass, not ABS plastic and it has a hand made metal bracket that bolts it down behind the seat lock. It just makes the bike look better than it does with the rear seat on.

I thought I was going to have to buy one and the guy I bought the bike from said, "Hey.... I have one of those sitting around here, somewhere, if you want it, It's yours."

I don't want the second seat on anyway.... This bike is my escape vehicle, for when I just want to be by myself. Notice the passenger pegs are gone too!

Comment

Working...
          X