X

Meet & Swap a B12 Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet & Swap a B12 Pics

Well a few of us got together to help a brother swap his B12 into his 03 Kat. The Kat belongs to Phil (philwecksr). So myself, Matt (MD86), Chuck (chuckwick) and Dan (Blazerzr2) all got together in my garage saturday (yesterday) for the swap.

The Kat came back for this years rally in sad shape with a blown motor. Dan and myself went and picked up the bike and brought here to my garage. Prior to Phil getting here, I went ahead and pulled the old motor and got everything ready for the new power plant to go in.

When Phil arrived here Friday night this is what he found left of his beloved Kat...

So we pulled the new motor into the garage to warm up for the night

The next morning (saturday) Phil got busy and started by checking the valves before the install.

He had plenty of supervisors

Here the new motor goes onto the table before the great heav-ho

The motor in the frame

What next??

Making it fit now...

The motor in place and bolted up

The Pit Crew

Dan Blazerzr2

Matt MD86

Chuck Chuckwick

Phil

All in all, it was a great day. The actual install took about 4 hours. There is plenty left to do but the hard part is done now and Phil has something to keep him busy this winter....

The B12 looks huge in it lol, way cool.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Nice work guys, looks like fun. Let us know how she runs!
      Bill
      1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
      sigpic

Comment

This will sound dumb, but what is the B12 out of and what size is it? Thanks -Bill

Comment

B12= Bandit 1200
          Bandit 1200= 1200cc
          Chrome Project Part 1
          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Looks like a great time! Nothing like hanging out and wrenching with friends...except riding with them
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

A big thanks to Rob and Tracey (an amazing cook btw) for putting me up for the weekend. Thanks to Matt, Chuck, and Dan for lending hands in the garage getting that beastie lifted...

Plenty left to do is an understatement, but at least its all 1 man jobs, no more dead lifting huge hunks of steel and aluminum...

Speaking of which, anybody got an alternator from a Bandit 1200? Doesn't have to be working at all, just need the drive gear...
              None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
              -Robert Morrison

"
              well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

cool project!!!
                sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                k9 GSX-R 600
                GO VOLS!

Comment

ive just stuck a bandit 12 in my rat kat, you will love it
                  the future's dark, the future's matt black

Comment

Looks like a good time! Let us know how she runs.
                    sigpic

Comment

mreedohio - Thanks for the info.
                      -Bill

Comment

Goshhhhh I miss y'all
                        Guylaine
                        Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                          Looks like a great time! Nothing like hanging out and wrenching with friends...except riding with them
                          ... Marc, nothing better than that......as always, it was a pleasure having you all around for the day....:hugz .... it never ceases to amaze me how things "just come together" in a little amount of time........another great day in the garage.........can't wait to get out and watch the new B pull ahead....
                          Last edited by uniquelyme; 11-23-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Cool photos. I will be doing the same thing beginning around December 1. Phil, a detailed write-up of any snags in your install is expected.

Mine will consist of taking the K6 out, the B12 out, putting the B12 in and then parting out said B12. Gonna be a long winter but oh so worth it.

Comment

What???? No surgical gloves or masks??? It's good to see people helping people.

Comment

Working...
                              X